Are you searching to buy expired domains? If yes, this guide is for you. The choosing of terminated domains information is very important. If you want to grab the best-expired domains, you need to know the information of DA, PA, PR, Domain Age and its backlinks about the expired domains.
Here I am going to discuss and provide the latest information on all the necessary information about buying expired domains and its sources to buy.
First of all, let us talk about the basics.
What are expired domains?
Expired domains are general domains, which were registered by individuals, businesses and some other organizations. After ending the contract with domain registrant, they will terminate the domain registration. These domains are available for re-registration. These are called “Expired Domains”.
Thousands of domains will be expiring every day. The basic reasons for the availability of expired domains are given below.
- Due to forgetting to renew the domains
- Not showing interest on domains renewals
- Few of the people do not like to pay more in renewals
- Because of project incompleteness
These expired domains are re-registered by SEO persons after their expiry. Because these are smart gold mines.
Who will Purchase these Expired Domains?
There are three types of people buy expired domains. They are
- SEO professionals: SEOs spy the expired domains purely for the value of backlinks. The metrics are important for SEO professionals are metrics provided by top backlink data providers – AHrefs, Majestic, SEMrush and Moz.
- Domain Flippers: These people purchases expired domains for the intrinsic value of the domain name.
- Domain Parkers: These people purchase the expired domains to make money by parking the domains that have some organic traffic. They make money from ads if they have specific traffic.
Every day thousands of domains are expiring. Many of the domains having excellent backlinks. However, most of these domains are worthless.
What are the benefits of buying expired domains?
People will purchase these expired domains for various reasons. Before buying these, you should consider a few points, which are included in this article.
Simply the expired domain is one that the owner has forget/failed to renew.
1. To Build an Authority Site/Blog:
To start a new blog/site, most of the experts consider expired domains rather than a new one. Because with a new domain name, it needs more hard work to get backlinks, DA, PA and Alexa rank.
So Expired domains are great results for new blog starters. These come with old backlinks, DA and many more additional statistics.
Authority site building is so easy with expired domains.
2. To use for the backlinking purpose:
This is the most powerful trick to improve ranking. Here the PBN (Private Blog Network) sites construction is more popular methods now.
By using the expired domain name, you can build a small mini site instead of building a complete website for the purpose of link building.
Here you can transfer Link juice from the old domain to your money making site. If the expired domain having high DA, PA, and backlinks, it directly improves your blog ranking in search engines.
3. Redirect the Expired domains:
This is the simple 301 redirection process. If the chosen expired domain has great statistics like DA, PA, and a good number of backlinks, just configure the 301 redirections to your main site.
For example, your expired domain is 4321.com. You can redirect this domain to your main site from the domain registration service.
Because of the SEO value of the expired domain, the power of the backlinks will be transferred to the main site automatically.
4. To Sell for better profits:
Most of the people purchase expired domains to sell for better instant profits. This is called “Domain Flipping”.
Flippa is a great place to sell your domain. To sell the expired domains, first, you need to pick the perfect domain which is having High Domain Authority, Page Authority, TF, CF, Backlinks and more. Then you can participate in Domain Auction for the better price.
Another option is, build the site with a purchased expired domain, start improving the SEO value by creating backlinks and content through the simple passage of time. But here you need more work on this. Here the age of domain gives great value for good profits when you sell on Flippa.
Basic things before buying the Expired Domains
Thousands of domains are expiring every day. There are hundreds of reasons why most of the people are choosing the used or expired domains.
Because it has more SEO advantage. Before choosing this, you should do a few things.
1. Check Domain Authority & Trust Flow:
Everyday thousands of expired domains are being added in the used domains list. You should check these domains in the expired domain’s directories like ExpireDomains.net and Moonsy. (Few of the list given below) to find expired domains with Domain Authority.
To check the Domain Authority of the site you can go for MOZ. It gives you some information about the domain authority and backlinks to the domains that are live.
Before purchasing any expired domain you should check the Alexa rank, domain authority and if the website is listed in Google directory and the age of the domain and domain history.
Here Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) are very important factors to analyze the quality of the domains. The DA and PA are introduced by MOZ.
Trusted Flow (TF) and Citation Flow (CF) are other important factors. These are introduced by Majestic Company.
Check the expired domain’s DA, PA, and TF-CF values before choosing.
2. Check the Domain status in Google:
After you pick the high DA, PA, and TF, you must check the status of the expired domain in Google by using Google banned checker.
It gives the details of whether the used domain is good in Google or banned.
If the chosen domain is good in all stats, but it is banned in Google, you can apply for Google reconsideration request to unban the domain.
3. Check backlinks Profile:
You should check the backlinks of the used domain. By using SEMrush / Link Assistant tools (from SEO PowerSuite)/KWFinder, check and evaluate the social media profiles, incoming links, forum profiles – Forum signatures and editorial links.
Evaluation of backlinks is very important to know if the domain is worthy or not.
4. Check in Web Achieve:
Before buying a domain you should scan and see how it worked when it was live. You can check all the live print of an expired domain in the website archive.org. There you can see the full history of any domain.
This is a new thing but you must know the type of content and website before expiry. It is called Online Time machine. You can check the live website in the past dates.
Before or after buying the expired domain, go to Web archive and enter the URL and search it. Then click on Browse History button.
In the next screen, you will get the timeline graph. Just pick the recent snapshot and check how the site looked like in the past.
5. Check Adsense banned or not:
You will get the hundreds of used domains in the Expired domains list but most of the domains are Google Adsense Banned. So if you are planning to start your blog with these expired domains, consider this point very first.
If you buy the Adsense banned domain, your ROI will be waste. So check the domain name in Adsense Sandbox checker tool and see whether it is banned by Google or not.
How to Finding an expired domain?
Finding an expired domain is not an easy process. Even though there are hundreds of expired domains releasing every minute, each expired domain to be released they must go through different phases each with the different time period.
For example, if you own a website and the domain is expired, you would get a month time to recover your website by paying some extra bucks. If you do not recover your website within the given time your domain will go back to the expired list and will be set for the auction. The domain should survive all the processes. The domain registration companies themselves keep listing all these domains that are about expired and sell them for the customers.
By Using expireddomains.net
- The website expireddomains.net will show all the domains that are expired and those that are about to expire.
- You can simply sign in to ExpiredDomains.net and start using the website to find out the expired domains.
- In this website along with the expired domains list, the details like when the website is expired and the domain authority, Alexa rank, number of backlinks and the availability of TLD’s are also provided.
- By using this website you do not have to use Moz rank to check the ranking of the website.
- The only thing you need to consider while choosing an expired domain in expireddomains.net is the history of the domain when it is live.
The best thing in expireddomains.net is that you will find the number of backlinks that are available for the domain and also the number of registered IPs for backlinks. You can Sort the list by simply clicking on the top of the parameter you want to check.
The Steps to find expired domains in expireddomains.net
Step 1: First of all create an account in the expireddomains.net website. You can create an account for free using your email credentials.
Step 2: After creating an account, log on to the website and you will find the tab named deleted domains. There you will find different options like “.com domains”, “.net domains”, “.org domains” etc. Click on your required TLD.
Step 3: You will find all the list of expired domains in recent time. You can check if the Expired domain is available for registration or not in the table provided.
Step 4: If the domain is available and all the parameters are as you want, you can go for registration by simply clicking on the Available link to register.
Where to buy expired domains?
There are many famous domain selling websites like Godaddy where you can buy any domain on the internet. There are a couple of tools that help you analyze the expired domains.
You can directly purchase these expired domains from the following websites.
- The Godaddy auctions for domains that are not being used or used in the past and places them in the selling list for the users searching for expired domains.
- There is also feasibility in Godaddy that you can purchase the websites with an auction that is put up by other users.
- You can directly search for the keywords of the expired domains in the auctions page of Godaddy and you can put your auction on the domain that you wanted to purchase.
- The name.Com is another website where you can purchase expired domains.
- This is one of the most famous websites that sell expired domains on the internet it has a very large collection of turbines for you to choose.
- As in Godaddy you can also search for different expired domains and begin auction and if you win the auction you can purchase it through the registry service of name.com.
- Sedo.com is another website where you can register old domains. This website is used mostly to make service of parking of domains.
- Sedo is famous for mediating sales of very expensive domains that cost millions of dollars.
- The main objective of Sedo is to sell expired domains and provide service for parking domains.
- Here you can find a lot of very good expired domains.
- This is another best website where you can find a list of best-expired domains.
- Many professional bloggers use Moonsy to find the best domains for their backlinks sites and PBN networks.
- This is another best website for expired domains. This is not only a domain selling a website, but it also has a feature of buying and selling domains for business.
- The best thing about Flippa is that you will find some very good domains for sale at very low prices.
- When you directly search for domains in the flippa.com you will only find expired domains list with all the bids on the domain and you can purchase the domain there.
- FreshDrop is one of the biggest marketplaces for buying and selling the expired domains.
- This company was launched in 2007. More than 3.7 million domain expired domains database is available.
- Here you will get great expired domains according to your needs.
- The listed the domain names as category wise.
- You can find different language domains to launch your site in other languages.
- Expired domains.net is the biggest marketplace to find used domains as per your needs.
- Filters are the special feature to get quality domains.
- DomCop is another great place to get quality expired domains. Here they integrated great various services to check all the parameters of the domain.
- SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, SimilarWeb, and Moz are using this platform.
- Namecheap is another simple platform to find and buy expired domains.
- Here you will get the list of domains available.
- Once you choose the domain of your choice, the registration and placing of the domain in the sales pitch is very easy.
Dropping.com is having the great expired domain names list in three different categories. They are Domain Investors, SEO/SEM Experts, and Website Owners
- The Domains for Domain Investors: You can find the domain names with end-user value and resale potential.
- The Domains for SEO/SEM Experts: You can find the domains according to SEO and SEM value.
- The Domains for Website Owners: You will find the domains the domains based on the visitors and search engine rankings based on your web site category.
One thing that should be remembered is that the expired domains are always bought by auction you will never get a domain in buying it now option.
How to start a blog with Expired domain?
Are you planning to start a new blog with an expired domain? Just follow the below steps to start your new blog easily.
If you find the great expired domain, first register the domain name from the domain registrant services like GoDaddy, NameCheap or Crazydomains, etc.
What you need to start a new blog with Expired domain?
- You need SEO based Blogging Platform – Self-hosted WordPress is recommended
- You need a web hosting plan to store the files like text, images, web elements, and other media files.
- You need SEO optimized WordPress theme and Plugins
Choosing a domain is very easy but one thing that should be remembered when you purchase a domain is that we need good ranking for the domain, so we need to consider many factors before using the expired domain.
There will be some domains that have bad records and bad spam score. You should avoid that kind of demands before you want to purchase any domain. To check the records of a domain you can use archive.org where you can find all the details of the website when it was live.