Top 10 Steps to Reduce Bounce Rate of Your Blog?
What is Bounce Rate? The Bounce Rate is maybe one of the most relevant indicators to assess the quality of your pages. This post helps on How to Reduce Bounce Rate with easy simple steps. In most cases, if the content is inappropriate to the needs of users, they will leave your site instantly, thus contributing to increasing your bounce rate. Some of the Web analytics Professionals says a bounce rate of less than 30% is good, but with 60% or higher, you have a problem.
Through this article, I will try to identify with you the key points that you just should work if you would like to retain and capture your audience. Of course, there are still several optimizations. The target here is to specialize in the necessities and to ensure that at the end of your reading you are able to considerably reduce the value of your bounce rate.
Before I begin, I want to emphasize that the average rates of recovery are not the same depending on the nature of your website, the page you analyze and therefore the sector in which you use. What is Good Bounce Rate? As a guide, here are some numbers, which should, of course, be laid back (each website being a special case):
- For a Merchant site: Between 40% and 60% bounce rate on product sheets
- For a Blog or News site: about 70% bounce rate
For blogs, this figure can be explained by the fact that many users are confined to reading a single page of the site. They take information, read the article and leave the site. That’s why I advise bloggers to add a line to your code Analytics existing:
SetTimeout (“_gaq. push ([‘_trackEvent’ ’20_seconds ‘,’ read ‘])’, 20000);
This line will not count as a bounce rate all visitors who have spent a minimum of time on a page on your blog or news site. All you have to do is to copy the line in your analytics code and choose a value (in milliseconds) to set a minimum time visit. With the above example, if a user spends more than 20 seconds on a page, it will not be included in the bounce rate.
If your bounce rate is too high or if you plan to work your content loyalty benefit your users, create traffic and convert more sales, this article is for you! For commercial sites, a decrease in bounce rate will necessarily result in the generation of additional revenue.
How to calculate your Bounce Rate?
What is the Average Bounce Rate for Websites? The best way to calculate your blog/website bounce rate is using the following method.
Bounce Rate = Visits that left after one page / total number of visits
If your blog received 10,000 visits/month, out of which 5,000 bounced after visiting just one page, your bounce rate for that month would be 5,000 divided by 10,000, which equals to 0.50 (or 50%).
It shows that,
- Lower bounce rate = Your blog is performing well
- Higher bounce rate = Visitors are leaving your blog in a hurry(which is not good)
Follow the Top 10 Tips to Reduce website Bounce Rate:
1. The Clean advertisements:
Who never left a site immediately because a pop-up unwanted opened in the first place? Annoying is not it? So if your website displays advertising, make sure that it remains discreet and most importantly, it does not interfere with navigation!
This type of advertising is too intrusive means. Whether it is video, music, images or unwanted animations, this is certainly a bounce rate that soars!
- 9 Tips to Increase Adsense Revenue Upto Ten Times
- Google Adsense is Good Online Earning source. Why?
It should also pay attention to the type of advertising displayed … Do not broadcast advertising that can harm a some way to the Internet: sexual content, violence, scams. Be sure to stay within the theme of your website or blog in order not to appear as “sold”, which would give a very bad image quality of your content!
Try to arrange advertisements in a proper way without confusing the visitor. The ads should place beside the content. This is the right place to click ads by visitors.
2. Site Page Design:
There are thousands of WordPress themes available in the WordPress directory. In blogger.com, thousands of free blogger templates available in various blogging site. The selection of template or Theme is the major part of your blog. There are few points to remember before best WordPress theme selection. Top blogs having very good, responsive, and pleasant design with SEO friendly. So try to design your blog attractive with more user-friendly option. I am inviting to get few of the Blogger Template and WordPress themes here.
Another important thing does not use more graphics and more colors. Graphics diverts the visitors concentration from content. So, make it with a simple and pleasant design for your blog.
3. Loading times:
Improve your page loading time. If your web page taking more time to loading the use close your site immediately and the user will go to another website. This is the most important criteria put forward by Google and Web professionals. There are many tools to test the loading speed of your site while providing you with full report points to work. Among them, I give you my two favorites:
- Google Page Speed , which includes a module for Google Chrome
- GTmetrix , who will make a comparison between Google and Yahoo scores
When the page loading time is 2 seconds, you can decrease your bounce rate from 20% to 40%! Also, remember to test mobile versions.
Check this info:
- 10 Best Websites to Check Your Blog Page Speed Performance
- Enhance Blog loading speed with W3 total cache plugin
- Free Blog Monitoring Services to Improve Blog Presence
4. Optimization Tablets and Smart Phones :
Today almost everyone or is equipped with at least one mobile terminal. Impossible to ignore this test if you want to get a place on the Web. You can choose between developing a mobile version or develop a responsive design for your site. About me, I have no doubt that the second solution is the best. Here Responsive Themes are very good to optimize your page for all types of screens like Desktop, Tablet PCs, and Smartphone.
- WP-Optimize: It cleans my blog and helps in Loading fast
- How to Optimize Images in WordPress for Good Ranking
I am inviting to see to examples of Responsive WordPress themes and you can download here without spending anything.
5. SEO Strategy: Relevant keywords are good:
Okay, you’ve managed to position your website well on keywords with high traffic. So why your bounce rate is so high there? The answer is simple: your keywords are not suitable for your content.
- Keyword stuffing is very harmful to your site. Write articles in a simple and readable way for a visitor not for Search Engines. It becomes automatically Search engine Friendly articles. Do not do Keyword stuffing, Google will penalize your site. (if your site already penalized with your content check my guide on Google Panda guide)
- A small example is needed to illustrate everything. You sell wine on the Internet through e-commerce site specializing in this sector. You have chosen a keyword strategy based on the wine, but also on champagne in order to capture maximum traffic.
- Problem: People who seek champagne fall on an offer that does not meet their expectations
- Conclusion: have a strategy for keywords in line with your content to target a qualified audience and adapted.
6. Write Interesting Articles- titles, content, and editorial style:
Have clear title, it is. Have catchy titles, this is better! Especially if you keep a blog or news website. On the Web, you need to go to the basics and provide the information they are looking for the surfer.
- The most important factor is Size of Content.
- You must maintain the size of the article below 500 words. Because the reader will not have to read the long content in your blog / site by spending more time.
- So Write a great Article for Your Blog Readers, it becomes SEO friendly automatically.
In Ecommerce, You must make every effort to ensure that the act of buying is as natural as possible and that the procedure seems obvious like Call-to-action, payment facilities. Leave no doubt to the user in order to reassure and ensure he does not leave the page.
7. Internal Linking: Make to visit other pages:
From two pages visited by a user, bounce rate will no longer be taken into account. So why not encourage them to visit other pages? On the one hand, on a commercial site, it’s a great opportunity to cross-selling (cross or additional sales), on the other hand, you’ll make a blog read your old publications. Consider working your internal linking to put links to other pages related to the content of the current page. Visitors can read more pages by navigating your internal links. To improve Page rank, internal linking is very important in On-Page SEO.
Finally, the links that redirect to other sites, do not forget to set it so that they open in a new tab. The change is simple, quick to perform and allow you to keep visitors on your own website.
8. Website Usability:
I go back to what I said earlier about the importance of a clear content. This also applies to the structure of your site. This must clearly show the different categories, Tags and contact pages. Remember to organize your content and prioritize your information. On a “classic” website is always include:
- A Header: should have your banner and Blog menu
- A Sidebar: It will display secondary information like advertisements, Popular posts, Some Old Post links.
- The Body of the page: This is actually the main content that the visitor will be interested;
9. Origin of visits: Watch your Backlinks:
We need to know where what were the gateways to your site your visitors come from. Your Google Analytics account is your friend to give you information.
Certain users can place backlinks for you on the Internet without asking your opinion. Most of the time, it’s good because it helps to improve your SEO. However, it may happen that links to your site are placed in an undesirable content or totally unsuited to your site. Talk, contact the manufacturer of the other site or even Google if you consider that the link may harm your site.
Anyway, it is better that your backlinks are placed on sites in connection with your order to avoid an increase in your bounce rate. This is why the Web is called strategy net linking.
10. Related Posts and Popular Posts:
This is very good options for bloggers. If you are using WordPress, use Related Post plugin, which shows the old articles from your site below the every article. If your are using Blogger.com platform for your blogging you can use “Linkwithin” to show related posts.
- Popular Posts: Use Most popular posts plugin if you are using WordPress blogs
- How to Install and Setup Related Posts Plugin in WordPress
- In Blogger platform, users can go simple Layout> Add a gadget> Choose “Popular Posts”.
- How to add Related posts widget for blogger
I hope this article has helped you to see more clearly about your bounce rate and you do not leave this page immediately after reading it. Feel free to send me your feedback in the comments or even share your techniques to reduce your bounce rate!