How to Promote your Blog and How to increase Blog Traffic?
Blog promotion and Traffic is a major game in the blogging and affiliate marketing. If no traffic, no money. This is the biggest issue of every new blogger.
They do not know how to get traffic and where to get it. This was difficult to complete. Still now more than 300 million blogs are running on the internet.
No matter about your blog age. You must focus on few aspects to get massive traffic and ranking. Here I listed major places to promote your blog and blog posts.
A. Social Media is the Major Source to promote your blog:
Social media is the biggest source of target users. Still now more than 2 billion users are present on the major social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. These are the best places to promote your blog.
Facebook is the most popular social networking site. There are millions of users are using worldwide. This is an excellent place to promote your blog and blog posts for immediate traffic. To get maximum benefit create one Facebook Fan page and join relevant Facebook groups.
- Create one Facebook group with your blog name.
- Interact with your group members personally.
- Write the tips and helpful info for your group members to engage.
- It helps you to get good traffic to your blog.
- First, create a Facebook page for your business. Invite all your friends from your Facebook account to like the page.
- Create one Facebook group and send the invitation to join in your group or add the members.
- Upload the profile picture and timeline picture to your Facebook page and Facebook group. When anyone sees this Page and Group, it remembers your branding.
- Enable post moderation by Admin option in the Facebook group. It protects the spam and unrelated stuff postings in your group.
Promote your URL by following the simple rules.
- Copy the post title, description with few lines, keywords with Hashtags and Blog post URL in notepad.
- Paste the above notepad content in your Facebook profile, Fan page and Groups.
Twitter is one of the most popular social media micro-blogging site. It allows each user to post messages of 140 characters or less at one time. You can post your update as text, images, and videos. If you are using the twitter as your personal sharing you missed the potential traffic. I suggest you create a profile for your domain, which helps you for branding.
- Twitter has 500 million registered users; 200 million of them are active regular users.
- More than 400 million tweets are sent each day
- Each registered users have minimum 208 followers.
To post and share your blog URL, just copy the Post title, few hashtags (From content keywords or Tags) and URL into note page. The shareable content should not exceed not more than 140 characters.
Paste the prepared content in your Twitter profile and Twitter blog profile and click the button Post.
Your task in Twitter:
- Follow the top-tier people tweets regularly. Re-tweet important information from their top posts. This helps you to connect your profile account.
- Read the industry level articles regularly.
- Choose your brand name or blog name as twitter username.
- Upload profile pic and timeline picture into your twitter account.
3. Google Plus:
Google plus is one the most popular social networking site from Google services. It has more than 250 million registered dedicated users. This is the favorite social site to marketers and influencers apart from the common users.
Personally, I recommend this social platform to boost traffic. I am getting good traffic from here.
To get maximum benefit follow the below points.
- Create an excellent and eye catchy mini post. Here Google plus providing the features to highlight the text by placing the special characters. The post text becomes bold, underline and Italic automatically.
- Use bold feature for Headlines and Call to action
- Use Italic feature for Sleek preview
- Use bullets for pointwise presentation
- Use underline feature to represent the main words with underline
- Use hashtags in your mini post. This represents the posts in “What’s hot”
- Create Google Plus page with your domain name and invite the members
- Join relevant Google Plus communities and post your mini post in the communities. It looks like a Facebook groups. This is the good traffic source. Do not miss this posting.
- Do not forget to interact with influencers through their Google plus profiles.
- Share the influencers’ content on your profile and brand pages.
LinkedIn is one of the biggest professional social network sites to promote your blog. It is the very good professional social site for those seeking employment and those seeking employees.
- LinkedIn has more than 225 million registered users
- LinkedIn has 110 million unique monthly visitors
Do this task to get good traffic from LinkedIn:
- Create a LinkedIn Company or Brand Page:
- Create a page with your domain name to representing your Brand name.
- Feed the information in the page by using the Edit information option.
- Add and invite the members to the page.
- Update the Profile pic and other relevant information.
- Your cover page image will capture people’s attention, so make it fantastic.
- Promote your company page through Company Follow button like Facebook Like
- Post your blog updates like reviews, offers of the products.
- Promote on your Profile:
- Promote your blog post on your personal profile update status.
- Use Post Title, few lines description with Hashtags, post URL to update the share.
LinkedIn is a very good professional social networking site to get good referral traffic. Linkedin groups are also one of the good sources. Share the updates with LinkedIn groups.
5. Klinkk :
Klinkk is one of the social communities developed by Erik Emanuelli. Here you can share your updates like blog posts and something interesting else on the internet your find interesting. Here you can connect the real people here. If you post your links here you will get the huge benefits like blog traffic, exposure, and links.
Do this task now:
- Create a new account on the site or you can sign up with your social sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- After activating your account, Fill your details in the profile section.
- Now click on submit button and paste your blog post URL and add the relevant information with tags and submit to the community.
Instapaper is a good social bookmarking site. It has multipurpose platform users. Instapaper is a lightweight web and mobile app that allows you quickly to save all content online securely. You can bookmark the Blog URL, Video links, Images and some other information. A great feature of this social bookmarking site is removed distractions from webpages when you open saved links. It gives friendly reading environment for users.
Do this task now:
- Just create one account. Fill your details in the settings page.
- Click on Add link button which is on the right top side of the page.
- Add the blog post URL and Save it.
- To add Video URL click on the Add video button and paste the Video URL like YouTube URL and Vimeo URL. Save it.
Pinterest is an image sharing and social bookmarking site. It has more than 90 million registered users. It is strictly Visual media sharing site, not content sharing. You can upload your blog images, URLs directly or you can use the Pin it option to share your blog images to get smart traffic.
When users follow each other, their pinned images will be shown on others page.
Do this task now:
- Copy the blog post URL
- Go to your registered Pinterest account. Create one Board with your domain brand name.
- Click on upload button in the Pinterest dashboard (it is located at the top right side of the site)
- Paste the URL in the upload box and choose which image do you share just click on the image pin button. Your images will be share with your followers.
- That’s it
Stumbleupon is the biggest web engine with the giant collection of web bookmarking links. It stores the recommended websites, photos, and videos by their users. This is also very good source of good traffic.
Just create new Stumbleupon account and fill the profile and start the Stumbling your pages.
Flipboard is a social bookmarking site. It stores the web links at different categories. Basically, it was designed as news aggregation purpose. It becomes more popular. This is very good place to promote your links. Increase followers on this site.
- Create one new account and activate it
- Submit your blog post URL and save it.
B. Create a mailing list to capture Emails and Send Emails:
Every blogger is trying to share their great content with their readers’ every day. But unfortunately, more than 70% of the users are not visiting the same blog again.
One of the best ways to grab the reader’s attention is to catch the email ids. It helps you to revisit your blog again and again. First, you need to create a mailing list. To do this some of the Email marketing service providers are helpful. They are MailChimp, Aweber, GetResponse, and ConvertKit.
First, you need to install the popup windows plugin to capture the visitor email Ids. There are a number of free and premium Newsletter plugins. Choose one plugin and install into your blog. Configure the plugin and connect with email marketing service provider site to store the list. That’s it.
When the user subscribes, they will receive updates when you publish a new blog post. You can send the offers, product reviews, and some useful information to your readers by using this mailing list.
Do this task now:
If you are a new blogger,
- Create a new account in MailChimp.
- Activate the new account and fill the details in the profile and settings page.
- Create a List and name it
- Create an RSS-Campaign and design the Email template by choosing the proper template for sending an email to readers.
- Then save the page.
- Go to your blog dashboard; install email listing plugin which is suitable for email capture.
- Configure it correctly.
No matter what you are doing with your blog. First start mail listing. This is the great way to get in touch with your users and make them as a regular visitor.
C. Start Guest Posting:
Guest blogging means writing an article for other blogs. This is the most powerful way to link building. Write some quality articles and place the 1-2 your blog links within the article or one link in the article and another link in Author bio box. The author bio box comes at the end of the article.
Blog update is the major work of every blogger. Publishing other blogger’s new article in your blog is called “Guest Blogging”. This type of article publishers is called “Guest Bloggers”. There are advantages as well as disadvantages in guest blogging. There are clearly more advantages than disadvantages. And then most bloggers prefer these guest posts. Not only those with this blogging you will, free backlink, and subscribers as well.
This is the best way to gain attention for your blog to start guest post contribution to their sites at free of cost in your niche relevant blog.
Your links from the guest article in the high authority blogs are very powerful if the blog is relevant to your niche. Most of the high authority blogs are not accepting all guest articles from all blogger. Because they are getting a number of guest articles from other bloggers. So write quality content.
Some blogs need registration to submit your guest article. Sometimes you can send the articles directly via email.
Try to create high-quality content with minimum 1000 words. So they will accept your article. Do not forget to place your blog and blog post-URLs within the article. Only two links are enough.
D. Add the Experts and their resources as outbound links:
Outbound links mean other referral links placed within your article. Another name is External links. Add the other highly authorized blog URLs as your referral links within your blog.
- It increases the blog traffic, shares, and backlinks.
- It makes your content a better resource
- Google will give the high priority this type of good outbound link placing.
- It helps you to provide valuable resources to your readers.
Most of the high authorized blogs are using this method to get more tweets, shares, and backlinks within their high-quality contents. Check few of the blogs here
So what next:
Getting traffic is the biggest game in the blogosphere. Most of the new bloggers are getting frustrated here and stop their journey at initial stages. The above-mentioned methods give huge traffic from various sources. Here Social media sources are very good places. Email listing and sending an update to the readers is a very important method to improve returning visitors.
After getting good traffic from various sources you need to know how to monetize your blog to earn good commission. Now it’s time to go for further step.