How to find LSI Keywords for a better SEO Ranking? (Free Guide)
LSI is the constant term in Search engine optimisation and part of Google algorithm. This is having crucial importance in its implementation as per SEO strategy. This post helps you how to use LSI keywords on your blog post optimisation and Where to get these LSI keywords.
Before going to that, we need to know few points about LSI Keywords.
LSI Keywords vs Long tail Keywords
There is a huge difference between LSI and Long tail keywords.
- The major difference between LSI Keywords vs Long tail keywords is, LSI Keywords broaden the search with related keywords, but Longtail Keywords narrow down the scope of a search.
- Long tail keywords are the lengthened version of a keyword combination used by searchers.
- Long tail keywords show searchers intentions like “top”, “How”, “what”, “Why”, etc.
- By adding long tail keywords, the optimised content gets better rankings for those exact search terms, and you will have a boost in your website traffic.
- LSI Keywords helps search engines to understand page content.
Where to Use LSI Keywords?
These LSI keywords are beneficial for users and for Search engines if you are using properly.
- In Title tag creating the compelling feeling
- Meta tag
- Within First and last paragraphs
- Within the body content
- You can use as Anchor text to link other pages or posts
- You can use as alt text, as a file name, and as titles of images
- You can use the page title to support your target keyword
Note: Adding more LSI words gives spammy results. So, you should take care of LSI words sprinkling.
“Easily use the LSI Keywords. It gives SEO Friendly results than normal results.“
Advantages of LSI Keywords and its Usage
There are more of advantages if you use LSI Keywords in the web content. Below are the significant benefits of LSI Words usage. After Hummingbird algorithm change, LSI became so popular. It helps for effective search engine optimisation.
- Protects from Spamming content
- Decrease in Bounce rates
- Increase page spending time of visitor
- Improve Search Engine rankings
- To Increase Blog Authority
- For better sales
1. Protects from Content Spamming:
- The LSI Words helps you to prevent from spamming mark from Search engines analysis
- It increases content’s credibility.
- It helps you to differentiate your content from spun content.
- It helps you to avoid keyword stuffing and indirect search manipulation.
2. If relevant keywords are not using, Bounce Rate decreases. Why?
- It helps you to decrease bounce rates
- It protects your site from ranking for the wrong terms.
3. Increase page spending time of visitor:
- These type Keywords improve the content readability
- This improvement gives a better content environment for the reader without making it feel keyword stuffed.
- It improves visitor spending time on your pages.
4. Improve Search Engine rankings:
- These keywords help you to rank your blog posts for related searches.
- Google search bots identify your blog content, and it crawls easily.
- The search engines use LSI strategy to rank your site. Here the ranking factor is not depended on your target keyword.
5. Useful for Blog Authority Improvement:
- It helps you to improve in Blog authority.
- More Ranking gives more CTR.
- More CTR gives More Blog Authority.
6. For Better Sales:
- Sometimes You can use these LSI Words as Long tail keywords.
- By using these Keywords, you can rank higher without low competitions
- Most of the Amazon shopping site sales is depended on the LSI Keywords and Long tail keywords.
Tools to Find LSI Keywords
To find LSI Keywords, there are numerous research tools available on the web. Here I picked few online tools and WordPress plugins and I’m personally using these Keyword Generator tools for my content development.
LSI Keyword Research Tools are
- LSI Graph
- Google AutoComplete tool
- Google Keyword Planner
- Keyword Shitter
- LSI Graph is a free and specially developed LSI Keywords generator tool.
- This is one of the most straightforward and best free keyword research tools
- It is handy tool to get right latent semantic keywords
- Usage of this tool is easy.
- Enter your target keyword
- Solve the captcha
- Click on Generate button
- Google autocomplete is one of the best and free tools to find LSI keywords.
- When you enter one keyword in the Google search bar, the search bar fetches the related keywords in the drop-down menu.The same fetching keywords will appear at the bottom of the page as well. These are Google LSI Keywords.
Google Keyword Planner
- How to get LSI keywords by using Google Keyword Planner? It is simple…
- Google keyword planner is one of the best and free keyword research tool to get all types of keywords
- It can help you to get more and more LSI Keywords.
- Before using this tool, you need to collect all Search related terms by using Google Autosuggest. After getting the primary LSI phrases, enter those phrases/keywords in the Keyword Planner. Finally get the more useful and related LSI keywords. You can use those collected keywords in your content.
- Ubersuggest is one of the powerful LSI Keyword research tools and LSI Keywords Generator tool
- By using this tool, you can generate all the Google autocomplete keywords for your primary keyword.
- It is a simple and powerful tool to get similar and relevant Keywords for better SEO.
- The Keywordshitter tool shits some of the best and most relevant LSI keywords as per your query.
- There is an option to filter the keywords by adding as Positive keywords and Negative keywords in the specified boxes.
- You download those shitted bulk LSI keywords in a separate text file from the Keyword Shitter tool.
- If you are using long tail pro tool, add those downloaded keywords and check the competition Score. If the completion score is below 30, use those keywords in your next content writings.
- You can use these LSI keywords as Long tail keywords in the content writings
- Soovle is one of the best Keyword suggestion tool for online marketers.
- The tool supports the search results from Yahoo, Google, YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Wikipedia and Answers.com
- When you enter a keyword as a query, it fetches the data from 10 different search engines.
- It is a spontaneous tool for providing relevant keywords.
- By using this tool, you can get the keywords that people are using as search queries.
- If you click any one of the displayed keywords, it redirects to the respective search engine for subsequent searches.
- SEMRUSH is one of the biggest keyword research and keywords spy tool.
- You can use this tool to spy on your competitors using keywords. After collecting those keywords, you can use as LSI Keywords in the content.
- To get these keywords,
- Open SEMRUSH and enter your competitor’s blog URL then click on Enter button
- Now got to and select Organic Research > Positions from the left sidebar and collect the Profitable keywords. Mix those keywords with LSI keywords collected from other tools in your new blog post writings.
Note: SEMRUSH is available in both Free and premium versions. In the free version, you will get first 10 results. To get complete keywords list, you need to upgrade your account.
Bonus: Get SEMRUSH Pro for free for next 30 days Click here
- KeyWordTool.io is one of the best and free alternatives to Google Keyword Planner.
- You can use this tool to generate keywords and mainly LSI Keywords.
- This is a paid tool. However, here free option is enough for generating LSI keywords for your blog post writings.
- It gives the results by arranging the keywords in alphabetical order.
How to use this tool
- Enter your primary or targeted keyword in the search box
- Choose your location and language
- Then select the search engine. Finally, click on Search
- You will get the results like this
- AnswerthePublic is the best visual keyword research tool for LSI Keyword Research.
- It helps you to get less competitive LSI keywords easily.
- Mondovo is a free tool.
- This is the best alternative to SEMRUSH, who are not willing to pay monthly. But this tool gives you results from SEMRUSH. You can use this for free of cost.
How to find LSI Keywords by using Mondovo tools?
- Sign up Mondovo tool here.
- After signup, you will get free credit points. You can use those points for keyword research. To do this,
- Go to the SEO tab at left side column and choose Keyword Research.
- Select the option Research > Keyword Research
- In the next box, enter the base Keyword.
- Then choose target location and language and hit the Search button.
- Check the results now
WordPress Plugins to find LSI Keywords
If you are running self-hosted WordPress platform, few plugins help you to add LSI keywords from your WordPress dashboard. They are
- SEOPressor connect Plugin
- Best SEO Plugin
- TwinWord SEO Plugin
Try to add more related and LSI keywords in your content.
For more information on TwinWord plugin, check the guide on “How to Quickly Find and Cluster Relevant Keywords for Your Website?”
How to Use LSI Keywords for better SEO?
This is the biggest secret in SEO industry. Most of the bloggers and marketers are inserting the keywords into the content without any strategy.
The ranking of blog/blog post is depended on the placement of LSI keywords. If you are not using correctly, your ranking will break. You can use 2 to 3 LSI keywords per 100 words in the article.
Here I am providing few tips to make better SEO
1. Choosing good Keyword:
- The LSI mentioned above tools generate LSI keywords based on Search engine algorithms. So most of the keywords are not related to primary or target keyword.
- You need to filter out useless keywords from the list. That means, pick the relevant keywords.
- If you collect more LSI keywords lists from various tools, there are chances to having repeated phrase keywords in the listings. Therefore, you need to remove those duplicated keywords. Here the Google chrome addon – remove duplicate extension is useful.
2. Place the keyword naturally
- Placing the relevant and good LSI keyword within the content is very important. If you put it unnaturally, it may be harmful to your site SEO.
- Do not add all generated LSI KWs in the single article. It is too dangerous.
- Pick relevant phrases from the list; place it naturally within the content.
- Sprinkle the keywords into your content in a meaningful way. If you add in this way, your blog post gets better ranking.
3. Choose and add more targeted positions:
Use the keywords in following targeted locations without missing. These places appear natural and give better readability to the reader.
Final Words on this Post:
Using LSI Keywords is an art of blogging. If you use it as SEO friendly and in a natural manner, the results will be surprising. Using more these keywords in the single content leads to content spamming.
The content having the same meaning or synonyms becomes readable content for both readers and Search engines.
Are you using LSI keywords in your articles? If yes, mention the tool you are using in the comment section for more discussion.