How to Install WordPress on HostGator 2018 (Complete Guide)
WordPress is one of the famous self-hosted blogging platforms. To install WordPress on Hostgator, you need to choose good hosting plans to save files safely. WordPress installation is very easy. No need to learn programming skills to do this. Recently I updated how-to guide on How to install WordPress on Bluehost web hosting within 5 minutes.
Today I am going to discuss how to install WordPress on Hostgator web hosting service. In this tutorial I am choosing Hostgator is my best selection. Because Hostgator is one of the best hosting service providers. It is a Huston-based web hosting company in Austin (Texas). Hostgator service is founded in 2002. If you Just follow the steps carefully, you may complete this WordPress installation process within 5 minutes.
If you purchase Hostgator hosting account, to get 25% Discount use this Hostgator coupon link. Personally i recommend hostgator hosting for wordpress blog. check this tutorial on how to buy Hostgator web hosting to complete your purchase..
To install WordPress on Hostgator servers, you need to make a purchase. If you done the purchase already, you can proceed witht he following steps. Here i am providing 25% discount links for Blogging Den readers to make new purchase.
Login into Hosting Account
How to log into Hostgator control panel? This is the first step to install WordPress on Hostgator. There are two ways to log into your Hostgator hosting account.
- If you are purchased hosting from Hostgator from American servers- Login to Hostgator
- If you are purchased hosting from Hostgator from India servers- Login to Hostgator
Login into Hostgator CPanel by using with Username and Password.
Use Quick Install Feature to install WordPress
In Dashboard window or Control Panel, Use HostGator quick install feature. There are two columns in the cPanel –
- the left column has general information (technical characteristics and additional hosting services) and Right column having multiple tabs with drag and drop boxes (you can easily arrange boxes).
- In right column go for “Software/services” box. At this, you can install WordPress by using this three options – Quick Install, Fantastico Deluxe, and manual installation. Choose “Quick Install” Now.
Choose WordPress Blog Software
In panel Quick Install, Select WordPress button from Blog Software on the left side column of the Quick Install WordPress dashboard.
Check the WordPress Version details
In the right column, WordPress information will be displayed like Version availability, Installation size, and Official site. Now just click on Continue button.
Fill the Blog details
To continue the installation process, the software prompts some relevant information:
- The URL where the application is installed Eg: http://www.Bloggingden.com
- Put the tick mark in “Enable Auto Upgrades” to automatically search for software updates
- Admin email – specify an e-mail to which the software can send notifications
- Blog Title – Write the Blog title
- Admin User – will write the username you will use later to access the control panel of WordPress
- The windows of “First Name” and “Last Name” are on the first and last names that identify the contact person for the Blog.
- Finally the little button “Install Now“
WordPress Installation Status
After waiting for a few seconds (it sure did take no time!), Congratulations message will become on your screen. Keep the data confidential because it has the Blog URL, Username, and Password. By using this details login into your blog admin panel (dashboard) to make essential settings start blogging journey.
Ready to have our WordPress you apply a theme (Theme) or template for our taste and fits the profile of our blog
Now your blog is ready. Follow this how to install WordPress on Hostgator guide to start your new blog within 5 minutes.
Now WordPress blog is ready to start blogging. I think you have understood How to install WordPress on Hostgator hosting. Now, this is the right time to configure your new blog. You need to install WordPress Theme and Plugins to enhance the visibility and SEO.
Personally, I am suggesting Hostgator hosting service. First, you need to Log in to WordPress Admin dashboard and make changes of the given below.
To get 25% to 65% off to your hosting purchase use my Hostgator coupon code link:
Hostgator is a good choice to start a new blog. Most of the professional bloggers choice is HostGator after Bluehost. This is one of the very good Bluehost Alternatives. This post helps you on “How to install WordPress on Hostgator with in 5 minutes“. Personally i recommend Hostgator hosting for WordPress Blog.