Alexa, is specialized in monitoring and securing Internet traffic statistics company. Accessing your page can meet various metrics anywhere, provided it is in its database. You can also use various providing free tools for developers or anyone that has an Internet blog or website. This service evaluates the importance of websites using a value called “Alexa Ranking”.
What is Alexa Ranking?
Alexa uses a numerical indicator to assess the traffic, the success and popularity of sites, not from isolated sites, only sites. It is a value to the extent that smaller, the more important. It is known as the ranking Alexa. For example sites those are just beginning or take time but are not popular, its value can be between Alexa 4-2000000, and more traffic sites have a value below 100,000.
Are your new blogger or did you claim your blog in alexa.com? If No, Follow the steps claim your blog in alexa.com. This article helps you to increase your website traffic rankings.
Points to discuss:
- How to submit website to Alexa
- How to add Alexa widget in blogger
- How to add Alexa Widget in WordPress blogs
How to submit website to Alexa?
Follow the step by step guide to submitting your site in Alexa
- Open Alexa.com
- Register your free account to claim your blog. Here you have to register a new account in two ways. Email registration and Facebook login.
- After register, your account, check your Email for the activation link. Open your mail and click the activation link. Now your Alexa account activated.
- Login your account then go for Dashboard, then click on “Plans and Pricing”
- Scroll down the page, then click on “Claim a Site”.
- Enter the URL of the blog then click OK.
- Now there are three options to verify your Alexa ID. First one is By uploading HTML file, the second one is Adding Meta Tag and Upgrading option.
- For self-hosted WordPress blog, Use HTML file Verification
- For Blogger blog, use Meta tag adding method
- After complete the adding of Alexa verification ID, you need to confirm the ownership of the blog. So click on Verify Alexa ID.
- Your blog verification completed.
How to add Alexa Verification code and Rank widget in blogger?
Steps to Placing Alexa verification ID in Blogger blog:
- Login to Blogger.com
- Select Template > Edit HTML, then go for Jump to widget-Header, then search for <head> tag in the HTML code.
- Now add the Meta tag code (which is copied from Alexa verification method) below the <head> tag. Then click on save changes.
- Complete the Verification Alexa ID. The message “Verification successfully claimed”. That’s it.
Steps to Adding Alexa Rank widget in Blogger blog:
- Login to your blogger blog account
- Paste the below code, then click on Save and Save changes in Blogger layout option.
- Alexa Rank widget will be showing your rank to your Blog visitors.
How to add Alexa Verification code and Rank widget in WordPress blog?
Add Alexa verification ID in SEO Plugin:
In WordPress blog, If you are using WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin, There is an option to add Alexa verification ID. Just add the code and Save. Then click on Verify Alexa ID in Alexa site.
How to Add Alexa Rank widget in WordPress blog
Steps to add Alexa widget at blog sidebar
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Go to Plugin>Add new
- Search and Install WordPress plugin – “Alexa Rank widget” and Activate Now
- Then add the Alexa Rank widget from Appearance > Widgets.
- Finally, add the blog URL and then Save it.
Alexa rank is very important SEO point in 2015 Advanced SEO. To improve Alexa rank, you need to claim your blog and verify your blog ownership with Alexa ID. After this Improve the Alexa ranking of your blog, read my previous post Improve Alexa ranking with 10 steps.
If this article is found useful share it with your friends on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Linkedin and many other social sites.