Google Panda Guide: How to Recover from Panda Update
Google Panda has changed the rules on the web, and webmasters should get to work hard if they were affected. The Google Panda recovery guide includes the most relevant points, and should look closely at optimizing their sites for compatibility with the terrible Google Panda and bring back the lost traffic. With patience and following the advice should be recovered. Now Google Panda Updates are released to check the blog status. There are thousands of Google Penalty Recovery services are running on the web. Here i am discussing few of the best point to recover your blog from Google penalty. Some blogs are not showing their interest on Panda recovery from google penalty. This guide will help you. Just follow carefully.
What type of sites affects to Panda update?
- Sites with pages that do not make sense to have indexed
- Websites with a structure SEO poorly defined
- Sites with low quality content
- Websites that load slowly. You can check the loading time of your site with PageSpeed Online from Google. Check with other Free PageSpeed Checking Tools Now
- Improper Site SEO and over SEO optimization
- Duplicated Content
- Displaying more and multiple ads
- Poor grammar
- Content farms (we can define them as places that generate a lot of content and low quality)
- The site having too many broken links
- Sites with high bounce rate (you can check this percentage in Google Analytics )
What you have to know about Google Panda
- The site SEO is an extremely important factor
- Google Panda ranking down to poor quality sites
- The quality of posts is one of the most important points
- The sites targeted on a specific keyword links to other blog with backlink.
Best Checking Tools:
How to Check my Blog/ site, which is penalized or not? Google panda latest update is completed on “slow roll out” September 21, 2014. Google Panda 4.2 completed recently. Here I am suggesting few tools to check your blog undergoes to Google penalization.
Tool 1 : Penguin Barracuda:
Penguin uses data from Moz and shows you the algorithm updates within your Google Analytics account. No need to install Penguin. Just enter through Penguin page to your Google Analytics account. If you click on one of the updates that shows the tool opens a window where about this same update is shown.
Tool 2: Google Chrome Extension:
There is an extension for Google Chrome called Chartelligence that helps you find the Google algorithm updates. You can use this extension for Google Analytics data to easily compare web stats program with dates when Google released Panda, Penguin or any other change in its algorithm. With Chartelligence you can also create your own “events”-such redesign website May 21, 2014 – to see what happened with the web traffic to your site through Google since.
(Update: This Chartelligence google chrome service is discontinued)
Tool 3: Fruition:
Fruition is a web service that can also be used to check what Google algorithm update has caused the penalty. It is free but you need Google Analytics data for at least the last 6 months and your website should have at least 5,000 visitors per month.
How to Recover from Google Panda Update?
To recover some of the traffic lost in updating Google Panda, I say partly because it is very difficult to recover 100% of visitors, will have to follow a series of steps in this guide we ‘ll teach you and you have to schedule it.
Those steps are:
- Start writing quality content
- By Using LSI keywords
- Remove useless links from Google Search
- Using an optimized WordPress Theme
- Remove Low Quality content from your Blog
- Learn Basic SEO
- Promotion in social networks
- External Links
- Update blog content
- Fix Broken links
Then I will elaborate a bit on each of the above points.
1. Start Writing quality content:
When I refer to quality content, I’m referring to writing posts with a certain size (Word count must be more than 300 words), not too short mean thin content, and containing a particular keyword to be located in the content which is facilitate to optimize content for search engine. Thin content means the content is having less than 300 words. The main aim of this panda update is to improve the content quality and quality and it effects mainly on thin content.
Word count and length of the content and quality consider Google very seriously and well written greatly increases the chances to rank effectively. A tip here is to improve old posts with low quality content, or generate little expectation in the reader (they can be linked to more elaborate posts).
Quality content attracts more readers, and this in turn shares, reportedly draws attention and makes you want to re-read. Simply Without keyword optimized articles there is no use, sometime these are called “Useless Posts”.
2. By Using LSI keywords:
When observe these LSI keywords, these are playing very important role in ranking factor. LSI Keywords means Latent Semantic Indexing keywords.
- The presence of these LSI keyword, search engine can easily understand the category of the article.
- You must use bold, italics and underlines in the post and use the target keyword in the H1, H2 and H3. The search engines are easily identifying and understand your content.
- To fulfill this requirement in content writing and post publishing I am seriously suggesting SEO Pressor premium WordPress plugin. This plugin shows the SEO score and Keyword density according to your article. Very useful plugin.
After indexing your blog just check it as “site:BloggingDen.com” (here replace BloggingDen.com with your domain name). In past indexing strategy, the number of links increases site reputation. But according to advanced SEO methods this is not good. The number of links decreases the organic content search traffic. Search engines low only content links but not content farm. Simply de-index your low quality content or delete the content or update with latest information. This process add the value of New Google update and Search Engine Optimization strategies.
- Go and search “site:domain-name.com”(Replace domain-name.com with your Domain name), then go for last Google result page and click on “Omited results”. Here you will get the low quality content and duplicate content results links from 2ndtier results.
- You can use the plugin “Meta robots WordPress SEO Plugin” to De-index your Category, tags and date archive pages.
- If your WP-content and WP-admin links are indexed in Google search, just use Google Webmaster account > Remove URL option to delete indexed links from Google index. Make sure to add those directories into Robots.txt.
The above given steps improve search engine ranking.
4. Using an optimized WordPress Theme:
Optimized and SEO friendly WordPress theme changes your blogging career very quickly. I have started my blogging career with free themes. But in this theme optimization options are very less. So I have chosen Premium WordPress themes. If you are using free theme, check the theme compatibility, tag handling, is it SEO friendly or not. Here I am suggesting some theme developers products, which makes life easier.
- Fame Theme – WordPress Premium Themes
To determine if a template is “SEO friendly” If the very low content ratio can reach falling prey to the Panda.
5. Remove Low Quality content from your Blog:
Low quality content means the number of keywords and optimization are very less in post. These are called useless content or thin content. Try to spend one hour daily to identify this content and make it de-index from search engines or delete if it is not good or update and optimize with latest information. There is no 100% guide to detect this low quality posts. But use this points, may be which can help you to identify low quality contents in your blog.
- Use Google analytics, find out all posts which got <10 visits in 2 months’ time. Analyze the content of the post and see if this is useful or not. If it is not useful just delete or de-index the post. If it is useful update with attest information and again optimize it.
- The plugins Search term tagging 2 plugin and Admin word count WordPress plugin helps you to analyze the traffic of the post from Google search. First plugin identifies the posts which is no traffic from Google search and another plugin helps to identify posts <250 and its traffic.
6. Learn Basic SEO:
SEO means Search Engine Optimization. This is very important if you are settling in Blogging Career. Without SEO the blogger future is unpredictable. If you learn the SEO, you can ready for any Google algo changes and you can meet blog to new changes. The basic SEO is I am suggesting to start your blogging career which is given below.
- Keyword Research methods
- Keyword Optimization methods
- Backlink creation methods
- On-page Optimization
- Creation and integration of Robots.txt file
Social media promotion has crucial role in the recovery of Google panda. Google plus, Facebook likes, Tweets and delicious works very well for every blog. There is no use with Facebook like in this indexing process. But Twitter helped me very well to index my links.
My suggestion is Create your own Facebook group on Facebook or you can hire any 3rdparty service like Fiverr to complete your requirement. Every day I am spending on my old posts to optimize with specific keyword and promotion in these social media site personally. This is promotion method helps to improve your ranking.
Be especially careful to try to get Google +1, himself Matt Cutts of Google talked about its importance.
8. External Links:
External links are also showing impact in this Google panda update 4.0. If you are selling and Links and paid reviews, stop immediately. Google takes this point very seriously. If you link other blog url in your site or any Affiliate URL links, add “no-follow” attributes. Google doesn’t give weight-age this type of attribution links.
Too many external links impacts on your ranking. If you are maintaining multi-author blog you have to take extra precaution when you are linking. When the guest bloggers posting the articles in your blog, you must check their links, which is relevant or not to your niche.
Links to external sites-ranked as “low quality” can affect and seriously harm, to a web site. Thus a point is very important to take into account , and you have to open your eyes well when we link externally. Check your external links once to recover from Google panda penalty.
9.Update blog content:
A successful update should have a regular once a week (if you write more than one posts a week that greatly improves the thing). The posts should have a length greater than 300 words, to be well written and complete information. Most of the professional bloggers and content writers are recommending the length of the content should be between 1500 to 2500 words. Minimum length should be 700+ words. When we write, we have to think in terms of the user and not the search engines. My personal suggestion is one post per day is very good and ranking and indexing is well quickly.
Blog must be clean without broken links. To fix this use BrokenLink Checker WordPress plugin. This plugin scan your blog regularly and shows the broken link. You can fix this link as correctly. This plugin definitely solves the issue of broken links, as can be disabled if you want. It is also very easy to handle. You can also check this alternatives to fix broken links in your blog Free Broken Link Checker, Siteliner and read some helpful methods
To recover from Google Panda penalty you should revise the content of your blog, see the broken links and fix them, improve the speed of loading, using an optimized and quality template or theme, carry out a promotion strategy in social networks (especially Google+).
I hope this guide on Google panda recovery Guide are very useful and helpful to recover your blog from the google penalty. Share this content with who need it. Happy Blogging.