It is very close to year-end and surely you’re thinking about new strategies to have more traffic on your website. Google My Business is one of the most popular ways. Promote your site to get more sales is the best we can do today, but how do you do?
We have a number of options, including paid advertising, social media marketing, search engine optimization (Local SEO Services for Small Business), sure you’ve used any of them, as in every discipline there is always something new to try.
In this post, we will give you an option to attract more visitors to your website.
The option is to talk like Google My Business (GMB), if not already know this tool and this can be considered good as an added value for your WordPress website if your goal is to offer a product/service to your customers.
If you have not yet realized the power of Google because we’ll tell you.
- Thanks to Google. People from all over the world can easily reach you if you’re well-positioned.
- This is the perfect place to get more customer for a better local SEO business
- You can add the area where your business and your brand’s details.
- The market share that Google has is impressive compared to other search engines (Other than Google Search Engine)
- Depending on where you are, between 70% and 90%, this percentage we see no decrease in the short term.
80% of today’s purchases are done online these days. And most of the remaining people first search online for the products and visit the nearest store to purchase them.
Now that if you want to make your business stand between a huge crowd and make the online search traffic reach your business, you should list your Business or store in Google My Business now.
If your Google business page is well maintained with daily updates, you can improve the search visibility of your business which intern brings more leads.
So here is a comprehensive guide for you to learn about GMB and putting your first steps for an effective growth of your business through Google Business page.
What is Google My Business?
Before launching your business page on internet let us first dig some history of Google My Business.
It is a tool that allows businesses to be indexed in Google and when people search for relevant terms in the Google search and Google maps, these businesses will show up.
This integration of businesses in Google platforms has helped many businesses grow them faster.
Since the launch of Google My Business in 2014, this tool was loved by most of the individuals and people started registering their businesses with GMB.
How much does this cost?
It is not obvious for you to think that Google will charge you for this amazing product that is given to you.
But you need not worry about the cost of Google My Business as it is FREE for any individual or a company.
You can register your business right away with Google for free.
Google My Business absolutely costs nothing, but If you want to increase the visibility of your business, you can use Google ads.
Why do you need to list your business on Google My Business?
When you list your business on GMB, you will have control over your page and you can modify how your business shows up in Google search and the Google maps.
Adding photos to your profile page and putting your business location and allowing your customers to learn more is very easy through GMB.
And also you can monitor the people who are reaching your business profile pages and their reviews.
My business is already listed in Google My Business – How is it
It is not obvious that your business would be already registered in the Google beforehand you listed it in the GMB.
This is because Google keeps on updating people’s interest.
Google takes suggestions and reviews from users and automatically adds and changes the required data to make users better understand the locations.
If your business runs well in your area, there are chances of any other Google user to pinpoint that location with your business.
In this way, your business may be already listed in My Business Page.
So whatever you need to do is, verify your business (or) company location in Google My Business and make necessary modifications to attract more customers to your business through Google.
What can you provide in GMB?
- In GMB, you can add the name of your business with your business phone number and the location of your business location or address
- If you have any official website for your business, you can also add that to your Google My Business listing such that your customers can directly visit that website from your Google business page
- You can provide the working hours of your business and also provide the holidays of your business in My Business page of Google
- You can provide your business category such that when people search for a particular category in Google, your business would be displayed
- Your location of the business can be pinpointed in Google Map directly in your Google business page
- Your social media pages can also be provided to your business page
- You can add photos of your business and also you can add videos up to 30 seconds such that when people search for your business your photos and videos will be visible to them
- You can also add any other details like WiFi facility, child-friendliness, and more about your business.
How it is important for Bloggers?
By using GMB will give you more ways to find your target audience.
1. To improve Visibility
- Surely you’ve asked a panel of high visibility giving important information about the company when you search business, it appears on the right side.
- The first thing you thought was, the company will have paid Google to have that data panel, then you are wrong; It is the result of using GMB.
- After being included in the service, you’ll take care of the data you want to give importance to.
2. Put Your Business On The Map
- To increase the credibility of your website, you have to put your content on the platform of Google Maps.
- By doing this your customers can verify the legitimacy that is your business. Also, your customers can give through qualifications and can also make comments.
- Every SEO Company’s first preference is Google My Business.
- Along with the map, you can add a virtual tour of your business, your elaborate video is available in My Business.
3. Integration With WordPress
- WordPress developers take advantage of opportunities and this is one of them, have in internet plugins to integrate your Google profile.
- Among the profiles that most caught our attention is the Google Places Reviews.
- This plugin gives you the ability to display views that have left your users
- Automatically appear in your Google My Business profile in the sidebar and in other areas of your website.
- The commercial version of Google Places Reviews is available from $69.
- It is optional if you want to enhance the current platform that offers Google My business.
- As you will see gives you the facility to have credibility with your target audience in the form of customer feedback.
- You will have to try to acquire all possible criticism.
- Most of the marketers are using Free Google Websites for Small business for their online marketing
The best thing is that everything starts having a Gmail account and everything else is free, what more can you ask for?
How do you get your business listed on Google Maps?
Below is the detailed guide on Google local listing your business on Google My Business. you can simply follow this guide to attract more customers to your business.
Step 1: Login to your Google account
The GMB page is directly linked with your Google account, so you need to first login to your Google account through your browser.
If you don’t have one you need to create it.
Make sure that your Google account follows all the community guidelines and security policies and also make sure you have proper recovery measures taken in case of recovery is necessary.
If you don’t have proper recovery options enabled, you will lose the Google account inturn you will also lose the GMB profile.
Step 2: Visit the Official page
Visit the Google My Business page from your Google homepage or visit the URL: Google.com/business.
Once you open the site you will see a green button with the text ‘Start now’.
Click on that button and you will be taken to your profile updation page.
Step 3: Enter Business Name
Now you will be asked for your business name. Enter the name of your business that you are currently running and click on ‘NEXT’.
If your business is already listed on the GMB page, it will show up while you type. If you own that one, click on that and proceed.
Step 4: Confirm a few Question asked by Google
The page will ask you a few questions to confirm your business location and services
Step 5: Enter your address
If your business is a store or an office you can specify your address here on the next page. Make your edits carefully as this location will be marked to show up your business in Google Maps.
If your business is not a store and is a Virtual business you can tick the ‘Hide my address’ button.
You can also tick the ‘I deliver goods and services to my customers’ button. If this option is ticked the delivery guidelines prompt will show up as follows
Point your location on Google maps
Step 6: Choose your Category
On the next page choose the category that fits your business and click on the Next button.
On the next page, you can also add some additional details like contact phone number and your current website.
If you do not have any web site, here is my complete guide on How to start a new blog within 30 minutes?
Step 7: Finish and manage this listing
Once you are done with all your editing, you can finish and set up a way to complete the verification process for the business profile.
Once you click on the finish button, you will be prompted to choose a way to verify your business.
You can choose different options provided by your Google Business for the verification.
What are the ways to Verify business in Google My Business?
There are a couple of ways that you can use to complete the verification on the GMB page.
These verification processes are based on how you receive the 5 digit verification code to enter it in your My Business profile.
Once you get the verification code through any of these methods, you can access your profile and enter the pin and your business will be verified in Google.
Here are the methods to verify.
1. Verification by Postcard
This is the regular verification process for all types of businesses. Within 5 days of enabling this option, you will get a postcard to the address you have provided on your business profile page with 5 digit code. Just follow these steps.
- Step 1: First log into the GMB account.
- Step 2: Check your business address and Contact name carefully. After that, you can click on the ‘Send postcard by a mail’ option and click on the Mail button.
- Step 3: After clicking the Mail button, the postcard will be reached to your address within 5 to 10 days.
- Step 4: Once you received the postcard, log into your GMB profile and select your location of the business or click on the Verify now button.
- Step 5: In the verification box, enter the five-digit verification (or) validation code which is given in the Postcard. Finally, click Submit.
2. Phone verification
Even though Google verifies most of the businesses through a postcard, it also allows some businesses to verify through the phone.
- Step 1: If you are not logged into your GMB, just sign in and choose the business you want to verify
- Step 2: If your business is eligible to get verified through phone you will see an option ‘Verify by phone’ in the verification process.
- Step 3: Once you click the ‘Send SMS’ button you will get a verification code of 5 digits to your contact phone number that was provided in Google My Business profile.
3. Email verification
- The email verification is the same as the phone verification.
- You will be seeing an option ‘Verify by Email’ if you are eligible and if you click on that you will get a mail with a five-digit pin that you can use to confirm your business address.
4. Instant verification
- The instant verification is for the people who have already verified their business through Google Search Console which helps you manage your site’s performance.
- If this option is enabled in your business profile you can instantly check and the business location through your email.
5. Bulk verification
- The bulk verification is for those who have different locations for the same business and provided that your business should be an agency or a service.
- In the verification page, you will find an option ‘chain’.
- Click on that button and a form will open where you need to add all the locations that your business is running and the business manager email of every location who represents your business at that place and the email address of your Google Account manager.
- Once the form is filled, click on the ‘submit’ button and Google will take a week’s time to review your claim.
Once your business is verified on Google My Business you can optimize your listing in the GMB dashboard.
You can add different features of your business and keep updates of all major changes in your business in the GMB profile page.
This guide is helpful to get more customers for your business and it is part of local SEO.
If you are planning to start your online presence to better development in your business, you need online resources. I listed those resources on my page.
In the month of November, most of the online companies are going to announce great deals for new customers on the occasion of Black Friday.
Before pick those deals, first verify your business on Google My Business and Grab those deals on next month Black Friday Deals for Bloggers and for Small Business owners.