Getting a low Alexa ranking is a big task for new bloggers.
But this is simple for experienced bloggers to achieve the Alexa ranking below one lakh.
I think you are excited to know how to boost Alexa rank quickly?
There is no trick on how to improve Alexa ranking?
Here I shared a few best and working methods on how to improve Alexa rank quickly?
Of course, most of the new blogger’s question is How to rank high on Alexa? Before starting a new blog this is a common question.
So I am sharing these tips which help you to improve your Alexa ranking gradually.
The primary job of the blogger is to check their competitors before writing or publishing a new article. Because most of the people are interested to check the blog rankings.
A few years back most of the advertisers considered Alexa ranking before approaching the webmasters for their advertising purposes.
Gradually this Alexa ranking system popularity is losing its importance. Why?
Many people were not as trusted as accurate indicators.
Before going to know the steps, you should know what is an Alexa Rank?
What is Alexa Rank?
Alexa is one of the American web traffic analysis companies. It is the California based subsidiary company of Amazon.com.
Alexa is found in 1996 as an independent company and it was acquired by Amazon in 1999.
According to Alexa,
Your Alexa Rank is an estimate of how popular your site is relative to all other sites.
Source – Alexa Blog
This tool is working within a toolbar. It analyzed internet browsing behavior and transmits it to the Alexa website for further analysis including Alexa Ranking.
According to the Alexa ranking, Alexa is providing web traffic data, global rankings and more than 30 million sites information.
One of the most important activities of the Alexa is providing a big database for Wayback machine maintenance.
Alexa.com is one of the most popular sites that you should join if you have your own site. Simply Alexa.com is a “Web Information Company”.
Do you know how to find Alexa ranking? You can check your rank with the provided inbuilt Alexa ranking checker tool.
What Does Alexa Rank Mean?
This helps you to check the Website Popularity Rank. The Alexa site you can find information on traffic levels for websites.
Thus, you can improve your Alexa ranking websites easily.
But why do you need to improve it? Advertisers place the ads of their products in your blog by checking your blog’s Alexa rank. Ex: ReviewMe, TLA, Sponsored Reviews.
If you have more traffic and higher rankings for your blog then you can earn more from the above products.
How does Alexa Ranking Works?
Alexa rank is calculated by the user engagement, estimating the traffic of the website and most visited websites over the past three months.
This data will be collected from its provided toolbar. The toolbar monitors user behavior and stores for further analysis.
The ranking system does not give exact website rankings but it gives the best metric for comparison of two site data.
How the Alexa measures rank for your blog?
Alexa is measuring your blog traffic and it is allotting rank.
That means your visitors either have to install the Alexa toolbar on their browser or you should install the Alexa widget plugin on your blog.
What is a good Alexa rank? Less rank is better in Alexa ranking.
What are the basic factors to improve Alexa ranking?
Improving the Alexa ranking is very important to get better advertising contracts and site popularity.
To get a better ranking, you have to read and implement these points on your blog.
Here are the 9 working steps on how to get an Alexa ranking?
1. Produce Quality Content
Google and webmasters say the common word about Quality post – “Content is King”.
Yes, this is 100% correct.
Without quality content, we can not do anything.
Write better and SEO friendly articles to overcome Plagiarism.
To increase Alexa Rank, you have to write quality content. Google loves quality content.
If you write the content for readers, it will help you to improve website traffic.
Google content always performs well in the Search engine ranking and simultaneously it helps you to increase the traffic of your site.
Simply, Alexa rank is directly related to your site traffic.
If you are getting more traffic to your site, you have more chances to get a good Alexa ranking.
To know the site traffic status of the last 90 days, there is a Search analytics tab in the Alexa account.
This tab shows the traffic of your site from different sources like Search engines and social media.
2. Submit your site to Alexa
But the claiming process never shows the impact on your ranking.
But Alexa still offers its certified metrics feature to measure the site’s traffic directly and for accurate ranking.
But you have to go for premium plans (Basic, Insight, Advanced, or Advanced High Traffic subscription).
The better thing is making a small investment for this Alexa claiming gives better results.
To claim this Alexa’s Certified Metrics, you should pick one plan from the Alexa pricing page.
Here is the screenshot of the Alexa support on How to get your site’s metrics certified.
They offer more advantages
- To get more accurate Alexa rank
- To get better in-depth analysis reports
- To monitor your site performance
- To get an option for public display like Page views, unique visitors and site rank
3. Get Quality Backlinks
Google gives the ranking priority by taking two major factors. They are Trust and authority.
So to get the best ranking in search engines is to increase quality backlinks from relevant and quality sites.
Getting more inbound links (An inbound link (also referred to as a backlink) is a hyperlink on a third-party web page that points to a web page on your site) is very important.
This backlink increases the trust and quality of your site. You can check the best places to buy backlinks for your blog.
In other words, authoritative inbound links give better site credibility.
To get inbound links you have to do a few manual works. They are
a. Blog commenting
- If backlinking is important for your blog, blog commenting is compulsory for better community growth around your niche.
- The commenting on other blogs that are under the Niche Blogging and Technology helps you for good traffic and with a high-quality backlink.
- CommentLuv plugin enabled blogs showing good results in SEO.
- Collect Dofollow and No follow Sites list and CommentLuv enabled blogs list. Write the comments with your URL weekly thrice.
- To comment on other blogs you may use “Drop My Link Service“.
b. Directory submissions
- This is another great way to get quality backlinks and traffic.
- It is helpful for new blogs.
- If your blog is getting good traffic, this is not necessary. But it works well.
c. Forum submissions
- Forums are online discussion sites.
- The Forum Posting is part of Off-Page SEO. Here you can ask questions (or) Queries and get solutions instantly from experts.
- This is an important part to increase direct and targeted traffic to your website.
- Forum Posting in Laymen’s terms means replying to threads or posting new threads to obtain quality inbound links to a website.
- Here is the great working list of Forum submission sites.
d. Profile sites creation
- If you need organic traffic, profile creations sites are very helpful.
- Most of the profile sites come with black space to place your details along with your website URL.
- It gives better exposure to your business.
- If you need a high-quality backlink for your blog, profile site backlinks are the best way to get a do-follow backlink.
e. Guest Blogging
- Guest blogging is the most popular way to get quality backlinks from other relevant sites.
- Interact with your influencers in your industry and ask for support.
- Most of the experts will agree to support your work.
- Write a quality blog post, which should be relevant to their site type. For example, if you are working for a health blog, search for the health-related blog and write the guest post for that site by placing your blog URL within the guest post.
- These are called Contextual links. Very powerful.
f. Analyze your competitor’s Keywords
- Are you feeling interested? Yes, this is very interesting to know how your competitors rank? Which keywords they use? Spying on your competitors is helpful to understand the plenty of ranking points.
- Before starting this process, understand the purpose of your blogging and motivation. You want a better ranking than your competitors.
How to analyze your competitors?
For this, you can use Internet marketing tools like SEMRush, AHREFs, Serpstat, Alexa, and Spyfu. They are premium tools with advanced features. You can use any of the tools.
Here I am taking a free tool Ubersuggest to explain this concept as an example.
- First, open any one of the above tools.
- Enter your domain URL and get the details of your competitors list. Note those URLs in notepad separately.
- Enter the first competitor URL in the Ubersuggest
- Check the ranking keywords list from the individual permalink.
- Download those keywords and analyze which keywords are bringing good traffic, ranking, and backlinks and so on.
- Once you find those keywords, optimize your website around those keywords and rank well.
- This is the One-shot – two birds killing concept. If you try this method, you can improve ranking in search engines and Alexa ranking simultaneously.
Google keyword planner is another free tool to know the ranking keywords of your competitor’s site.
4. Install Alexa Toolbar
Alexa is providing a free toolbar for internet browsers as an Alexa ranking extension. Here is the Alexa ranking tool from the chrome web AppStore.
First, we have to install the toolbar within our browser. Encourage your friends about the toolbar installation.
The toolbar collects the user browsing behavior and sites traffic data for the Alexa ranking analysis.
So better to install the toolbar within your browser.
How to Install Alexa Toolbar?
To find Alexa ranking of the website, you have to download the Alexa ranking toolbar first. To do this follow these basic steps.
- First, download the Alexa ranking toolbar. To do this go to Alexa Toolbar Installation Page from your browser (chrome or Firefox)
- In the toolbar page, Click on the Install Alexa Browser Extension button.
- You will be redirected to the web store, then add it to your browser.
5. Place Alexa Ranking Widget within your blog
The Alexa is giving the HTML code for all types of website platforms along with Toolbar.
So place this Alexa code in the sidebar of the website. It shows the Alexa rank and ranking status.
You can use the Alexa rank WordPress plugin instead of the Alexa code on your site.
How to install the Alexa ranking widget in WordPress?
To install the code, you have to follow these steps.
- First login into your WordPress blog.
- Go to Plugins > Add new section
- Search the plugin with this name “Alexa Rank Widget”. Install the plugin and activate it.
- Now go for Appearance > Widget
- Drag the widget to the sidebar and enter your domain name. Save the settings.
That’s it. Now you’re able to see the Alexa rank and number of links within the widget.
6. Write a review about Alexa
Review writing is part of the work for every blogger.
Choosing a product, collecting relevant keywords, writing articles around those keywords are the regular process.
By using the same strategies, write a review on the Alexa site and its features.
This review will help you to improve the Alexa ranking.
This article will read every new blogger and implement your points on their own blogs.
Simultaneously you will get good traffic and better Alexa ranking.
7. Maintain Updating Frequency
The regular posting also influences your ranking.
- 700 words – 3 to 4 articles per day
- 700 to 1000 words – 3 to 4 articles per week
- 1000 to 15000 words – 1 article for two days
- more than 1500 words – 1 article per three days
If you have a team of writers, better to every article in detail with a minimum of 2000 words every day.
According to SerpIQ Analysis, more than 2500 words article is performing well in search results.
It gives very fast results and It creates a positive impact.
Word count is an equally important factor to achieve a better Alexa Rank.
Writing original content and maintaining posting frequency is very important. It gives real value to your readers.
If your content is good, the audience will engage with your content and they will share about it in their networks.
Finally, your readers will become loyal visitors.
8. Share your blog posts on social media
Content writing is an art. If you write well-drafted content, you have to promote it on the right social media channels.
In social media platforms, every day more than 3.2 billion users visit their own profiles and check their own updates-news feeds.
So do not miss to target that audience just promote your blog and its content before their eyeballs.
Sharing your posts on social networking sites gives very good social signals, which gives better results to your website.
These plugins have special features to optimize your blog posts as per social networks. That will do everything.
But you must have the accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and Tumblr.
Spend some time with social networking visitors to get huge traffic. It helps you to get a better Alexa ranking.
9. Do not Use Ranking Boosters
Using free Alexa ranking booster tools is not a good strategy for fast results.
If you use Reddit and Flipboard, you will get good traffic. It helps you to improve your Alexa ranking to your website.
But do not depend on Paid traffics like Adwords and paid campaigns.
Sometimes the results will hurt you. So install the Alexa toolbar and place the Alexa widget in your blog.
It helps you to boost Alexa ranking legally.
This ranking is permanent and results never hurts your business.
What are the Pros and Cons of Alexa ranking?
Before going to start ranking your websites, just read these pros and cons of Alexa Rank.
- If you are earning money by providing the advertising space to advertisers, Alexa rank is a very important scaling factor to charge more to advertisers.
- You will get the complete traffic data of your rivals to compare with your site. It helps you to rank better than your competitor.
- To attract quality guest writers for article contribution
- To know the best insights of your own site and to understand the future improvements for better ranking and SEO marketing.
- The data is very limited for Alexa ranking toolbar installers. So the websites get huge traffic but their Alexa ranking is low.
- The Alexa is separately calculating only for Top Level Domains not for sub-domains and age traffic.
- The ranking is inaccurate. Few of the webmasters are using Alexa ranking boost auto-surfing tools to manipulate the ranking easily. So we have to be cautious before going to the site details.
So these are the basic Pros and Cons of Alexa ranking.
Ranking in 2020 is a very good decision and it helps you to monetize your blog easily. The Alexa data is useful to compare any two websites.
I think this post on how to improve the Alexa ranking of the website? is useful.