WordPress Gallery Plugin : Top 5 Free Photo Gallery WordPress Plugin
Planning to add a beautiful and functional photo gallery on your WordPress website? Well, WordPress has the ability to host a variety type of content, enabling you to publish anything as a blogger or website owner. And publishing a photo and/or video gallery is no exception.
Free and Best WordPress Gallery Plugin List:
However, since there are hundreds of them to choose from, we have compiled a list of top 5 to help choose the one that best suits your website needs.
1. Photo Gallery :
Photo Gallery is one of the most popular and advanced free WordPress plugins that come packed with a bunch of options and tools for adding and editing images for a variety of views. The plugin also lets you define the resolution for digital downloads. It also lets you create unlimited price lists and connect them with images and galleries.
Additional features of Gallery
- Supports the following types of image files: JPG, JPEG, PNG and GIF
- Lets you add unlimited quantity of photos in gallery
- Has the possibility of adding unlimited quantity of galleries/albums
- Equipped with basic thumbnail editing tools (Crop, rotate and flip)
- Offers the possibility to display the number of images in the lightbox
2. Envira Gallery Lite :
Envira Gallery Lite is a modest and fully responsive WordPress gallery plugin that is both easy to use and powerful. It enables you to build beautiful and responsive photo as well as video galleries in minutes. The plugin is equipped with drag and drop builder that can be easily used to create and manage galleries on your website. Thanks to the integration of various gallery templates, it enables you to improve user experience on your website.
Additional features of Envira Gallery Lite
- Integrated with Drag & Drop Gallery Builder
- Hass 100% fully Responsive design
- Offers beautiful Gallery Templates for Customization
- Allows seamless Social Sharing on popular social media platform
- Lets you add YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, and custom Videos in your gallery.
- Allows you to add watermarks to protect your images from theft
3. NextGen Gallery :
NextGen Gallery is yet another popular WordPress gallery plugin that has been downloaded more than 14 million times and has over 1 million active installs. Best WordPress Gallery Plugin. It provides a complete gallery management system. NextGengallery allows you to batch upload, group galleries into albums, edit thumbnails, manage individual images and so much more. This Photo Gallery Plugin for WordPress is a very good plugin.
Additional features of NextGen Gallery :
- Comes with two main display styles – thumbnail galleries and slideshows
- Integrated with two album styles – compact and extended
- Lets you add new gallery displays
- Equipped with lightboxes
- Gives the ability to add gallery to your e-commerce store as well
- Comes with an assortment of options for controlling size, style, timing, transitions, controls, lightbox effects, and more.
4. Huge – IT Image Gallery :
Huge – IT Image Gallery is yet another modern and interesting WordPress gallery plugin that seamlessly manages your images. The plugin features custom titles and descriptions along with plenty of gallery layouts.
You can showcase your images inside a masonry layout or a grid layout, or you can use different sliders or make use of a modest lightbox/popup functionality.
Additional features of Huge – IT Image Gallery
- Have 6 beautiful views to choose from
- Integrated with Show All, Pagination, and Load More.
- Has Lightbox/Popup integrated
- Has the ability to add videos from one of the most popular video sites.
- Packed with an advanced and user-friendly admin panel for easier customization
5. FooGallery :
FooGallery is a feature-rich and advanced WordPress gallery plugin that offers plenty of useful things. The plugin is equipped with a wide array of gallery templates. Aside images, FooGallery also works with videos too. All the images and video galleries are responsive and look presentable on every device and screen size available out there. Everything is done through drag and drop, and it also allows you to build your own custom extensions.
Additional features of FooGallery
- Has built-in albums
- Equipped with Gallery custom post type
- Use built-in media library to manage images
- Integrated with Drag and Drop reordering of images and galleries
- Has Built-in gallery templates, extension store and support for FooBox
- Equipped with Custom CSS for both galleries and albums to enable you to customize the look and feel of your website.
Hope you find this gallery plugin list helpful!