Blogger has a special Template Designer option that helps you in customizing your Blogspot templates. This tool helps you to change the fonts, color, width, background etc, but it does not change its appearance. For new blogging, beginners cannot pay thousands of dollars to professional web designers. So the best choice to prepare simple or professional blogger template.
- Best Places to Buy Premium WordPress Themes
- Best Adsense Optimized WordPress themes
- SEO Optimized WordPress themes
Using Artisteer you can create a blogger template within minutes without learning HTML or CSS coding. Today I am discussing How to create a Blogger template by using Artisteer.
What is Artisteer?
Artisteer is the first web-based automatic web design software that supports almost all blogging platforms like Blogger, WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
Artisteer creates templates or themes very easily through just drag and drop there is no need of HTML or CSS coding.
Features of Artisteer:
There are a few prominent features of this software. They are
- Advanced User-friendly interface
- Allow you to design incredible web templates not in minutes, in seconds
- Allows you to either edit an existing theme or create a new one.
- There is no need to learn Photoshop, CSS, HTML or any other web designing language.
How to create a Blogger Template through Artisteer?
First Download and Install Artisteer. This is a Trial version. But working fine without any problem up to ending of the period. The installation wizard is simple. Just follow the instruction and complete the installation process. Then open the software either from your start menu or from your desktop.
Step 1: Create a new Template for your Blog:
After opening Artisteer, the next thing is to create a new template document so go to File > New. Now a new wizard will appear asking you to select a CMS (Content management system).
It supports four most popular CMS system i.e. Blogger, Drupal, WordPress, DukeNetNuke, and Joomla. Since you are trying to create a blogger template, so you would select the “Blogger” icon.
However, you can also work on other CMS themes. Once done proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Designing the Header:
Now you would be able to see a Simple blog theme, using the custom functions you would convert it into a professional theme. To start off you have to design your header area. On the toolbar, there is an option known as “Header” just select it as shown in the screenshot below.
It will provide you numberless option through which you can change the width, height, background, position and lots of other things in your header. In fact, you can also use ready-to-use Flash and gradient background effects.
Doesn’t that sound interesting? You can also use the “Suggest Header” tool that assists your design and automatically applies a design that matches your color scheme and style.
Step 3: Designing a Sidebar and Layout perfectly:
Every blog has a sidebar that usually appears either on the left or right side of a website. On selecting “Layout” from the toolbar, it would provide you a few options. You can change the layout, add two sidebars, and can even customize its appearance.
If you wish to add two sidebars in your website select “Layout” from the sidebar menu which would provide you a couple of options such as one column, two columns and three columns. You can select it according to your needs.
There are lots of other options like styling and coloring your sidebar. You can experiment with all the functions and can create a new thing every time you play with them.
However, if you have no idea how to style the sidebar, then you can try the “Suggest Sidebar” tool and this software would advise a few modifications.
Step 4: Designing an Impressive Post Page:
Post pages are the basic need of a website. Without having a proper post design your blogs remain empty or incomplete. To design impressive post pages select the “Content” button present on the toolbar.
It would take you to a list of options that can help you in creating an ideal post page for your site. You can Change the Heading style, fonts, color, Blockquote and appearance of your post area.
All tools are there to help you, you can experiment with each of them and can convert your theme into a masterpiece.
Step 5: Designing Other Core Elements of your Template:
- Footer: You can also create a unique footer area for your site using the “Footer” button located on the toolbar. It doesn’t have lots of options for customization, but they are enough to create a decent footer.
- Menu: By default, you get multi-drop down menus, so you do not code them from scratch. However, you can customize the theme accordingly from the “Menu” button. It has a lot of options for customization.
- Background: Using the background tool, you can either upload image backgrounds or can use the custom gradient color backgrounds. You can also add texture to your background using the same tool.
- Layout: You can either use a full-width layout or can select a certain width using the “Layout” option located at the toolbar. You can add a border to your layout, texture, and other fascinating stuff to play.
Step 6: Exporting Your newly designed Template:
Once your template is ready, it is time to export so that you can upload it on your blog. Go to File > Export > Export Template > Save the file.
Artisteer Free Download
Remember: The file would be saved in .zip extension, so you need WinRAR to unzip it. The package would consist of two files i.e. the main blogger template in .xml format and a folder of pattern images.
We hope this article answered all the related questions like how to create a blogger template without having any CSS or HTML knowledge. If we have left something uncovered, or you know some better method of creating themes then please leave a comment below.