Every WordPress blogger should know the importance of Plugins. Now i am going to discussing about the list of WordPress Plugins using in my blog. WordPress plugins are bits of software (or) simple third party code that can be installed from the WordPress repository. It enhances the functionality of WordPress blogs. Recently i received a mail from newbie blogger. So i am sharing my plugins list in this post.
WordPress plugins are bits of software that can be uploaded to extend and expand the functionality of your WordPress site. The best facility available to the WordPress is presence of thousands of plugins in the directory. There are numerous plugins available in WordPress, present in the directory which is functioning from Database Protection to SEO”. There is no need of using all the plugins for the WordPress.
The selection of plugins is depending on the usage and requirement of the blog. For example, the plugins “All in One SEO” and “Yoast SEO” for the SEO blogs. A new functionality can be brought to the WordPress blog with these plugins.
The above noted plugins are free for usage and all the plugins found in the directory are available in Open source Plugins.
WordPress Plugins I am Using in Blogging Den :
1. Akismet :
This is an Official service provided by Automattic. This plugin Trusted by millions of WordPress sites, big and small. Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or un-spammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
You can get the API key for Akismet by clicking here. This plugin is a great free options to reduce the spam on your blog
2. W3 total cache :
It is the best plugin to improve site/blog speed score. It is an alternative plugin for hyper-cache. Its function is minimizing to scripts, queries of cache database and expiry header to static images and others. W3 Total Cache Database Caching is very good.
3. 301 Redirection Plugins :
For Redirection purpose i used Redirection Plugin in past. Now i opted EggPlant 301 Redirects, It is very easy to setup.
- Redirection Plugin : The redirection plugin is useful for directing all the incoming traffic into a right page which is useful for changing the post URL in the WordPress blog or making a link to the external site (or) making a link to the new page.
- Eggplant 301 Redirects : Easily manage and create 301 redirects for your WordPress website. A robust interface allows you create and validate redirects.
4. Broken Link Checker :
This plugin will check your posts, comments and other content for broken links and missing images, and notify you if any are found.
- How to detect and Fix broken links with broken link checker
- Google Panda Guide: How to Recover from Panda Update
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
This is perfect and compulsory plugin for all WordPress blogs. It is the best plugin for promoting the blog/site through the SEO. This plugin is useful for creating better titles. For blocking duplicate pages for adding Meta tags and Meta Description. You can use WordPress SEO Keywords in meta keywords to improve organic traffic. It’s specialty is to add Twitter title tag and Facebook Open Graph Tags in the updated feature. You can check my Yoast SEO Guide.
6. Smart YouTube :
Smart YouTube is a professional WordPress Video plugin that allows you to easily insert videos / playlists into your post from all major video services. Smart YouTube is one of the most popular WordPress plugins, with more than 1,857,767 downloads to date.
- Easily embeds YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Liveleak and Facebook videos (normal/HD mode)
- Works on iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Embed YouTube playlist (normal/HD)
- Supports latest high definition video protocols
- Extract video thumbnails in your archive/category posts
- Provides a sidebar widget for videos as well
- Supports video deep linking (starting at desired point with &start=time parameter)
- Autoplay videos, autoplay only the first video on the page (if multiple vidoes)
- Show video in Colorbox
- Supports migrated blogs from WordPress.com
- Supports migration from other Youtube plugins such as wp-youtube
- Produces xHTML valid code
This plugin is useful for customizing the YouTube videos in the blog posts. It is also useful to adding videos as thumbnail in RSS Feeds. It is also useful to embed the videos in your blog collecting from Facebook and Vimeo.
7. Google XML Sitemap :
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
This plugin is useful for showing the Old posts to the visitor related to the article of the site opened by a visitor. And further it facilitates the visitor to come to Achieved content Search. Still now i am not using this plugin because my theme have inbuilt coding about Related Posts.
Enable YARPP Pro for Powerful Enhancements
- Customize thumbnail layout through the user interface.
- Pull related content from multiple sites.
- Make money by displaying sponsored content, at the bottom of your posts, in the sidebar, or both.
- Easily promote your product or service on thousands of blogs and websites.
- Get detailed reporting about your related content list.
9. WP optimizer :
This is very useful plugin. This is for clean up the tables of WordPress Database, remove the post revisions, sending these spam comments to the Trash and optimize MySQL tables efficiently. It is peculiar and specialty is to occupy low space in the functioning.
Simple but effective plugin allows you to extensively clean up your WordPress database and optimize it without doing manual queries.
- Enable/Disable trackbacks for all published post
- Enable/Disable comments for all published post
- Removal of stale post revisions
- Removal of stale unapproved and spam comments
- Removal of trashed comments
- Removal of akismet metadata from comments
- Removal of other stale metadata from comments
- Mobile device friendly, now you can optimize your site on the go
- Removal of all trackbacks and pingbacks
- Cleaning up auto draft posts
- Removal of transient options
- Clear out the post trash
- Automatic clean-up of all the integrated options (also uses retention if enabled)
- Ability to keep selected number of weeks data when cleaning up
- Option to add or remove link on WP admin bar.
- Enable/Disable weekly schedules of optimization
- Apply native WordPress MySQL optimize commands on your database tables without phpMyAdmin or any manual query.
- Display Database table statistics. Shows how much space can be optimized and how much space has been cleared.
- Enabled for Administrators only.
Backup and restoration made easy. Complete backups; manual or scheduled. This plugin helps to back up my blog in ‘backup to S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email + others’. This is excellent plugin and i am personally suggesting for every WordPress blog for my clients. It helps to backup the data from hosting to cloud hosting.
Features of Updraft:
- Quick restore (both file and database backups)
- Backup automatically on a repeating schedule
- Site duplicator/migrator: can copy sites, and (with add-on) move them to new locations
- Restores and migrates backup sets from other backup plugins (Premium) (currently supported: BackWPUp, Backup WordPress, Simple Backup, WordPress Backup To Dropbox)
- Files and database backups can have separate schedules
- Failed uploads are automatically resumed/retried
- Large sites can be split into multiple archives
- Select which files to backup (plugins, themes, content, other)
- Select which components of a backup to restore
- Download backup archives direct from your WordPress dashboard
- Debug mode that gives full logging of the backup
11. CommentLuv :
Reward your readers by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment. Encourage a community and discover new posts.
This is an URL redirection/shortened plugin. Great for pod casting and redirecting affiliate program URLs. Still now this plugin is not available on WordPress Plugins Directory. So here i am suggesting Pretty links plugin instead of Gocodes plugin. Check this post and choose one of the Best Affiliate link cloaking WordPress Plugin according to your blog need.
to shorten Affiliate URL.
There are two main reasons, I recommend this plugin
- I makes long and ugly affiliate links to short and smart
- The links does not affects on site SEO
13. SumoMe :
Sumome is one of the most popular plugin. This plugin helped me to share my articles on social media, to Create contact forms, to check heatmaps, Analytics and for many more usages. Check my review on SumoMe Plugin.
14. JetPack :
Jetpack is another most popular Plugin from the WordPress developers. This is a super plugin for WordPress blogs. Check the review on Jetpack and its features. This plugin helped me to monitor my site statistics, site downtime monitoration, Adding more sidebar widgets and many more features.
15. Wangguard :
Wangguard is very helpful plugin to protect from Sploggers. I am using free plan with this plugin. In free plan, it helps me to protects 5000 spam registrations daily. You can check my guide on Wangguard setup.
These are my major WordPress Plugins i am using in BloggingDen.com since 2013. Everyday i am going to test one plugin to enhance my other blogs functionality as per their needs. Most of the plugins are Top Plugins for WordPress. Every WordPress users are using the above list of WordPress plugins. Share your plugins using in your blog here.
Are You Struggling for blog Traffic
Join our mailing list to receive the Blogging Tips, SEO Tips and latest updates from our team.