Blogger has released a few SEO helpful functions including Customized 404, Customized Permalinks for blogger, Robots.txt, 301 Redirect and many more. Now, here, let us talk about “how to 301 redirect one page/post to another in Blogger”.
Before arriving to that point, just have a glance on what re-direction is. If a guest arrived on a blogger page that is damaged (deleted), he can be instantly sent directly to another page using re-direction procedure. Doing so will help you take care of losing potential visitors to your blog.
How to setup 301 redirect setup for Blogger posts:
1. Login to your blogger account and enter into Blogger Dashboard
2. Select “Settings > Search Preferences”
3. Under “Errors and Redirections” option, select “Custom Redirects” and click “Edit” link near it.
4. In next screen, select “New redirect” and provide the details as given below.
- Enter broken/404’d URL in the first box.
- Enter working/related post URL in the second text box.
- Check mark the “permanent” option.
5. Click on “Save” and again click on “Save Settings”.
That is it! From now on, whenever you try to accessibility the damaged URL, it will be immediately sent straight to a new blogger page