Must have these WordPress Plugins for new Blog:
Every WordPress blogger should know the importance of Plugins. WordPress plugins are bits of software (or) simple third party code that can be installed from the WordPress repository.
This is an Official service provided by Automatic developers company. The plugin is trusted by millions of WordPress sites.
- Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- This plugin gives excellent protection to my blogs from thousands of Spam comments.
- Every WordPress user must have this plugin.
- It is a free plugin.
- To activate this service you need to create and authenticate on the Akismet official site.
2. W3 total cache:
It is the best plugin to improve site/blog speed score. It is an alternative plugin for hyper-cache and WP Super cache plugin.
- Its function is minimizing to scripts, queries of cache database and expiry header to static images and others.
- Database Caching is very good with this plugin.
- Install plugin in W3 Total cache and configure it properly. Check my W3 Total cache basic configuration settings post from my blog.
3. 301 Redirection Plugins:
For Redirection purpose I used Redirection Plugin in the past. Now I opted EggPlant 301 Redirects, It is very easy to setup. Both plugins are good. Pick one plugin and use it to redirect your old URLs to New URLs.
- Redirection Plugin: The redirection plugin is useful for directing all the incoming traffic into a right page which is useful for changing the post URL on the WordPress blog or making a link to the external site (or) making a link to the new page.
- Eggplant 301 Redirects: Easily manage and create 301 redirects for your WordPress website. A robust interface allows you create and validate redirects.
This plugin will check your posts, comments and other content for broken links and missing images, and notify you if any are found.
- It Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, blogrolls, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Yoast SEO (formerly WordPress SEO by Yoast) is the complete plugin for SEO available for WordPress users. The Yoast SEO plugin providing every option that you need to optimize WordPress blog.
- In this plugin, there is a special built-in Content analysis function and Readability function available.
- These two functions help you optimize your content as per SEO guidelines.
- It helps to optimize your site titles and description for Google.
- We can achieve the maximum functionality of WordPress Blogs by using this Joost’s plugin “WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin”.
- It can also help to avoid and protect from content scrapers to your WordPress blogs.
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex (Russian Search Engine) and Ask.com to better index your blog and blog posts. Check my guide on How to install Google XML sitemap plugin
- With this sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
- The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs.
- Additionally, it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
This plugin is useful for showing the Old posts to the visitor related to the article of the site opened by a visitor. And further, it facilitates the visitor to come to Achieved content Search. Still, now I am not using this plugin because my theme has inbuilt coding about Related Posts. So no need to install plugin additionally in 2017.
This is a very useful plugin. This is for clean up the tables of WordPress Database, remove the post revisions, sending these spam comments to the Trash and optimize MySQL tables efficiently. It is peculiar and specialty is to occupy low space in the functioning.
The simple but effective plugin allows you to extensively clean up your WordPress database and optimize it without doing manual queries.
Backup and restoration made easy. Complete backups; manual or scheduled. This plugin helps to back up my blog in ‘backup to S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email + others’. For secure backup and blog data migration from one host to another install plugin now.
- This is an excellent plugin and I personally suggest for every WordPress blog admins.
- It helps to back up the data from hosting to cloud hosting.
Reward your readers by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment. Encourage a community and discover new posts.
Pretty Link Lite is a simple plugin to manage affiliate links. This is my favorite plugin after Gocodes plugin (It is not available in Free WordPress repository). It allows you to add specific attributes to links to better control the actions of search engines.
- In addition, it also offers excellent redirection system.
- It is a good and Free Affiliate link cloaking WordPress Plugin. If you are promoting the affiliate products this is the best plugin to have.
- Pretty Link also comes with an analytical table that allows monitoring activities on the links.
Sumome is one of the most popular plugin. This plugin helped me to share my articles on social media, to Create contact forms, to check heat maps, Analytics and for many more usages.
Jetpack is another most popular Plugin from the WordPress developers. This is a super plugin for WordPress blogs. This plugin helped me to monitor my site statistics, site downtime monitoring, adding more sidebar widgets and many more features.
Wangguard is a very helpful plugin to protect from Sploggers. I am using free plan of this plugin. In the free plan, it helps me to protect 5000 spam registrations daily. Install plugin immediately to protect your blog Spam registrations.