Gravatar is the specially created site for every blogger/ internet marketers. Every blogger must have this Gravatar account. If you write an opinion in the commenting system of your favorite blog post, the gravatar helps you to display your image with your Name in the comment. If you register in new forums, your image will be displayed automatically without uploading any image.
Every day I am getting more comments in my blog without images. Those comments are almost filtering with my Special spam protection plugins like Akismet and WangGuard plugin.
Are you a blogger? Are you following back linking strategies to improve blog ranking? So here you must need Gravatar account. Most of the blogs are not approving your comments because of the absence of an image in your Comment.
What is Gravatar?
The meaning of Gravatar is a “Globally Recognized Avatar“. The Avatar is an image that represents you online. This is a small picture display next to your name.
This service is included in WordPress.com account with the support of Automattic developers.
How to Create Gravatar account?
If you are not having the Gravatar account , this article is for you. Just follow these few steps I mentioned below. Create one account and upload your image and create your profile once. When you participate in any Gravatar enabled sites, the profiled image will follow you there.
Step 1: Land and signup for Gravatar account
To sign up for Gravatar account, click the below link and click on “Create Your Own Gravatar” button.
Step 2: Fill the Signup form
Now on the second screen, fill your Email address, Username, and Password according to the instructions given on the screen. Then click Signup.
Step 3: Confirm your account
- The Gravatar will send the confirmation notice to your registered email ID.
Step 4: Activate account
- Open your Email account and click the confirmation link to confirm your account by clicking on “Activate account”.
- Now in the next screen, you get the Account activation message. Click on Sign into Gravatar.
Step 5: Upload the image
- After login into new Gravatar account, you need to add your image from Add a new image
Now upload your image from various sources like Upload new (from your PC), From URL (paste the already uploaded Image URL from other sites), Past Uploads (choose the image from Gravatar image gallery) and From Webcam (Take a new snap from Webcam).
Step 6: Crop the Image
After upload image, you should crop your image according to the profile size. The size indicating with a dotted border with small square buttons. Use the drag mechanism and adjust the box on the image and click on Crop and Finish.
Step 7: Choose Rating
After you finish cropping the image, you need to choose the rating. The rating is given as G, PG, R, and X. This is a special avatar rating system.
- G-rated: This gravatar is suitable for display on all websites with any audience type.
- PG-rated: The Gravatars may contain rude gestures, provocatively dressed individuals; the lesser swear words, or mild violence.
- R-rated: The Gravatars may contain such things as harsh profanity, intense violence, nudity, or hard drug use.
- X-rated: The Gravatars may contain hardcore sexual imagery or extremely disturbing violence.
Recommended: choose the G-rated option here.
Step 8: Fill the Profile:
- Now in this step, you need to fill the profile details. To do these go for My Profile.
- In the profile section, first fill the Name and Details like first and last names, Full name, Display name, Location and About me.
- In about me, sections write about you with few lines. This is Author bio.
- After the basic information go Websites and enter your websites details by providing Website URL and Website Title and click on Save website. Here you will get a high-quality backlink for your blog.
- After that, fill the other details like Contact information and Verified services. These are optional.
Now your Gravatar account is ready to use. What next.
- Start blog commenting with the gravatar email ID
- Fill the profile details with this email id in various forums
- There are so many 3rd party services are using the Gravatar.com services to display their user’s images in their accounts.
Your comment will be displayed like below in the blog commenting system.
Importance of Gravatar account:
- This gravatar account saves a lot of time by identifying your posts on blog posts and other sites.
- It helps you to create a brand for your blog and online presence by identifying different sites and forums.
- Blog Comments: Do you Know the Importance of Blog Commenting
Blog branding is the most important part for professional bloggers and new bloggers. Most of the new bloggers start their blogging journey and they do not know how to add images to their name when they comment on Gravatar-enabled WordPress blogs. Basically, WordPress uses Gravatar.com service to show the commenter image in their commenting system. Follow the above Steps and create a new gravatar account and spread your online identity and blog branding.