Online digital privacy is the trending topic now a day. As a part of this privacy, I am going to discuss about How to clear browsing History from your public computer. If your computer is in public usage, your internet browsing details can be stolen by other users. Because you’re browsing activity will be safe in their memory. In the memory it contains passwords, browsing details and download history and a lot more.
If you are browsing from internet centers or in public computers, then it is very important to clear your browsing history from the used browsers. This article provides how to clear browsing history and your activity from browsers like Google chrome, Firefox, Internet explorer, Opera and Safari browsers. Now let us go to learn how to clear your browsing history from public computer. Check the another guide before continue on How to clear Cookies from your favorite browser. It helps you to Remove All Cookies from the browser after surfing.
How to clear browsing History from different Browsers :
1. Google Chrome:
Google chrome is the most popular and fastest browser on the web. Follow the simple steps to delete browsing data from Google chrome.
How to clear browsing history in chrome:
There are two different methods available.
- After browsing, go to Settings,
- then scroll down and click on Show advanced setting.
- Go for Privacy option and click on Clear browsing data.
- Now select any one of the time gap from the pop list in the “Obliterate the following items from” (Recommend: the beginning of time).
- After that tick the options from the bellow list.
- Finally click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Open Google chrome browser
- Open History page by pressing the keys “Ctrl + H”
- Then click on “Clear browsing data” and choose the options as per above method 1 step then again click on “ Clear browsing data”
- That’s it.
2. Mozilla Firefox :
Firefox is one of the open source Internet browser developed by Mozilla foundation. It is have hundred of free add-ons to enhance the functionality of browsing in Firefox.
How to clear browsing history in Firefox:
Follow the steps to delete browsing data from the Firefox browser.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the “Open menu” option, which is located at the right side of the browser.
- Next click on Options.
- Now click on the Privacy from the left side column.
- Finally click on “Clear your recent history” and then choose the Time range to clear as “Everything” and select all details as tick mark then “Clear Now”.
- That’s it.
- Open Firefox browser.
- Now choose “Ctrl + Shift +delete” (or) Choose “History > Clear Recent History”
- Finally click on “Clear your recent history” and then choose the Time range to clear as “Everything” and select all details as tick mark then “Clear Now”. That’s it.
3. Internet Edge Browser :
Internet Edge is the latest version of Windows 10 browser. Internet Explorer is the old name of Microsoft windows browser. After release of the windows 10, this browser becomes very popular in their fast browsing activity. (Delete Browsing History Microsoft Edge Exit). The same procedure to Clear History and Cookies Internet Explorer
How to clear browsing history in edge:
Follow the steps to clear the browsing data from Internet Edge browser.
- Open Internet Edge.
- Then Click on More options from the top right side of the browser.
- Now select Settings > Privacy and Security and scroll down and click on Choose what to clear from the Clear browsing data.
- Finally choose the options what you have to clear then click on “Obliterate the following items from” then click on Clear Browsing data to clear browsing history in Internet Edge browser.
If you are using Internet Explorer (old version of Internet Edge browser, which is using in Windows 95 to 8.1) follow the simple steps to clear browsing history.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go for Tools > Internet Options (Also you can find this option by searching for ‘internet options’ on start menu search box or from control panel).
- You will find the option and check it “delete browsing history” then click on Delete
- Finally select the items to delete from the coming window.
If you want to delete browsing history while you closing the internet explorer, then tick on ‘Delete browsing history on exit’.
4. Opera Browser :
Opera is the second oldest web browser, started on 1995. This browser runs on a Google Chromium system. It is compatible across every platform and device.
How do i clear browsing history in opera:
To clear the browsing history data from the Opera browser, follow the steps.
- Open Opera Browser
- Click on Opera logo at the top left side of the browser.
- Then choose Setting > Privacy and Security.
- Now click on the Clear Browsing Data.
- Finally choose all option and the beginning of time (or) past hour (or) past day (or) past week from Obliterate the following items then click on Clear Browsing data.
5. Safari Browser :
Safari is a web browser developed by Apple Company. In 7th January 2003, First developed this browser for OS X and iOS. Officially release with Mac OS X Partner. In 11th June 2007, Apple company released Microsoft Windows supportive Safari browser.
How to clear browsing history in safari:
To clear browsing history data from the safari browser follow the steps.
- Open Safari browser
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right side of the browser.
- Then choose Preferences and go on Privacy.
- Click on Remove All website Data and finally click on Remove All. That’s it.
- That’s it
These are the simple and quick tips to clear browsing data from web browser, which are used recently. Here we discussed about popular web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Internet Edge, Opera and Safari. By using some of the system utility tools helps you to Delete Browsing History automatically.