All in one SEO plugin is one of the plugins related to wordpress SEO. Some other plugins to this SEO are “Platinum SEO”, “SEO by YOAST” are examples. Maximum part of this SEO in wordpress CMS will be performed by these plugins only. All in one SEO plugin is the most popular SEO plugin with more than 20 lakhs of active downloads. Every blogger thinks to install this plugin and get additional benefits from their blogs. But you need to configure few things after activate the plugin. The procedure explains install and configuration setup of All in one SEO plugin is mentioned here.
Search and Install the All in one SEO Pack plugin:
After Login into wordpress admin account and go for the plugins option appearing on left bar has to be clicked and then type “All in one SEO” search box and press the search plugins button, the result page will come in “All in one SEO Pack”. It can be installed by clicking the button “Install Now” then it will be installed.
WordPress Admin > Dashboard > Plugin > Search — All in one SEO Pack
How to Configure the All in one SEO Pack Plugin:
In order to configure the All in one SEO Pack plugins configuration screen the main options to be clicked. The following screenshot has been observed.
- First go to All in One SEO Pack » General Settings.
- Enable Canonical URLs for your website.
What are canonical URLs: Canonical URLs are the permanent links of your individual articles. It helps to avoid duplicate content penalty from Google by specifying a Canonical URL for each post.
How to Use this Plugin:
After configure this plugin, the All in one SEO Pack box will come from “New Post” that add new option title under the body. In this plugin there are Meta titles, Meta Description and Meta keywords are available. After configure this plugin, the blogger has to learn some basics to use this plugins.
How to configure all in one SEO pack:
To setup the plugin you need to go “All in One SEO > General Setting”.
In general setting, canonical URL option should be tick mark. These options avoid duplicate content on every page and posts and helps to Google penalty. In brief, the canonical URLs are the permanent links of your individual articles. The URL and description will be shown on different locations – Homepage, author page, category, archives page, tag pages also. So this option helps you to avoid duplicate content in your blog.
1. Home page Settings:
In these settings, there are 3 major options.
In home page settings, you need to enter your WP title instead of WordPress default text. The title must be eye catchy, contain main keyword and simple. For example our homepage title is Blogging Den – How to Blog.
- Add your blog description
- The description should not exceed more than 156 characters.
- Use your blog major keyword in the description
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Description should be simple, readable and easy to understandable.
- Enter most important keywords; it helps to find your blog easily by the readers.
- The list of keywords should be in 5 to 10 only
- These are to be collected from the article which is to be posted. For additional results to keywords that is “-tor”, ”-tion”, “-sion” and “-ful” are to be ended with that suffix.
If you have the above field blank, you can’t get maximum benefits from your blog.
2. Keyword Settings:
This section specifies how you handle the keywords for your posts and pages
- You should be adding keywords for individual and every post.
- You should be allow plugin remaining tags or categories automatically
- This option generates a list of keywords dynamically; by activate the option “Dynamically generate keywords for Post”. I would recommend deactivate this and add list of keywords manually to get maximum benefit.
3. Title Settings:
The title settings allows you to set the default title templates for every WordPress generated pages, post, archives, Tags and Category pages.
- Rewrite Titles – It allows rewriting titles. It helps to override any theme settings by default.
Remaining option, leave it as it ease.
4. Webmasters verification settings:
This section helps to verify the ownership of your website in webmaster tools account. Most popular Google and Bing search engines will index your site from this section. First you need to create new account and verify in Google and Bing webmasters tools. You can also verify blog ownership on pinterest.
5. Google settings:
Under these Google settings, you can add your Google plus author profile URL to verify Google authorship versification. After this enter your blog URL in the Contributors section of author Google plus profile page. It helps to show your Google plus authorship image in search results.
- You can add your Google analytics ID to track blog statistics in your Google analytics account.
6. No-index settings:
This section helps to disable indexing of category, archive pages and tag archives on your site by search engines.
- It helps to prevent content from creation in search results
- Helps to protect from Google penalization
By default, the All in one SEO pack enables no-indexing for category and archives, we would recommend that you uncheck categories.
Optimization of individual Posts and Pages:
Optimization of individual posts and pages with all in one seo is possible. Most of the beginners are confusing in the using of the Plugin Meta box. These are three places to optimize your article in the Meta box.
- It should be 60 characters in length
- Copy the article title and paste here
- It should have major keyword
- Description: Add the article description within 160 characters.
- Keywords: Add main keywords here, which are selected from the article.
- Other options in Meta box:
- Custom canonical URL
- Robots meta Index
- Robots Meta No-follow
- Robots Meta NOODP
- Robots meta NOYDIR
- Disable on this Page / Post
Choose these options if you need to your article.
All in one SEO Pack is available in two services
- Free Plugin: This is available from free wordpress plugin repository. The above mentioned all settings are available in free version with life time updating support. Download
- Premium Plugin: The All in one SEO plugin supporting some additional options in the premium options. Download Premium Pack
Special Features in Premium Plugin:
- XML Sitemap support – you can create your own sitemap and submit to google and Bing webmasters tool
- It gives Google Analytics support – No need to install additional plugins for Analytics report
- Very good Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options; it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
We hope this guide helped you setup All in one SEO pack plugin for your wordpress blog. For feedback and questions please leave a comment below.
Please share this post on Social Media with your Friends form below links.