Blogger is good platform to start blogging for newbies. Most of the bloggers moving from Blogspot service to WordPress service after getting knowledge. At the beginning of the blogspot blog, there is no chance to create (or) add static pages like we do in WordPress blog. Just a few years back blogger introduced “Static pages” in their blogs. The pages are mainly used to add “About us”, “Program policy”, “Contact us”, “Terms of Services” and “Disclaimer”.
Blogger is the free blogging platform from the google services. Few years ago the blogspot platform redesigned every option as user friendly. Particularly they redesigned the section of the Pages. Now every blogspot user can use this features with more flexibility. The blogspot blogger can publish, delete or change them to draft at the same time.
- How to add CommentLuv plugin for blogger blogs?
- Google analytics Tracking Code: How to Add This in Blogger
When we see the pages options you can find the below options:
- Edit: Edit option can have the features to edit pages content.
- View: It helps to open the page in new tab
- Share: It helps to share it on Google+ (possible only after publishing the page).
- Delete: It helps to remove the page.
If you want to create a new static page from the dashboard, click on the “New Page” and add the content then publish it.
How to create Static pages in Blogspot blogs:
- Login your Blogger account dashboard.
- Go to Blank page – Pages>New Page> Blank Page
- In the title bar, write the title as you like “About Us” then write the description in the article body.
- Before going to publish the page, check the Preview by clicking the Preview button.
- Finally Click on “Publish”.
- You can also add the URL (Either Internal link or External link) from “Web Address” option, which is below the “Blank page” option.
Read my old post on How to Setup Blogspot Custom Domain with Bigrock?
How to add a Web address in the Page widget
Most of the blogger users are adding their links (internal or external URLs) with in the menu bar or pages widget section.
- Go to Blogger dashboard > Layout and click on Add a Gadget
- Now select Pages (If you do not have the pages gadget, Just click on the Add a gadget link and select Pages from the pop-up window).
- Now Click on “Add Link page”
- Then add Page title and enter web URL in the web address (URL)
- Finally click on Save button and Save changes.
How to Enable and add Search Description for Static Pages?
Search description is the built in cool feature for blogspot users. This feature helps to display the description of that page in search results. This option is available for posts only. But you need to activate this search description box for individual static pages.
- How to Create and add Robots code in Blogger?
- Long Tail Pro Review: Top Keyword Research Weapon for Bloggers
To enable this feature follow the steps.
- Go to Settings > Search Preferences from the Blogger dashboard
- Now click on Edit link in the Meta tags
- Then click on Yes to Enable Search Description and add description in the box.
- Finally click on Save changes.
Now the search description box will be appear in every page. That’s it. A new static page has been created and which is shown in the Navigation bar. Your visitors can find it easily.
Please Share this post on Social Media with your friends like Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter with given links below. Happy Blogging