Google analytics is a free enterprise-like solution with a lot of powerful, customized reports and easy to use interface for following visitor activity.
This is a smart guide on how to get Google analytics Tracking Code and how to add in blogger blog to track the analytics of Blog status.
By using analytics, we can analyze the visitor activity like visited pages, posts and categories.
In addition, you may want to add “Feedjit” widget which shows demographically where people are visiting from.
By using Feedjit and Google Analytics, you can make better marketing decisions, improve your site’s design (or) try to convert blog visit into customers if you are using your blog for business purpose.
After this method every blogger must known and add Robotics.txt code in the blog.
Before going to the procedure, we need to know few thing about Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is one of the top and free service from Google. This service generates detailed statastics about your blog / website’s traffic and traffic sources.
This analytics also provides the information on measures conversions and sales.
Very popular service and helpful service for all bloggers and webmasters.
This service introduced on April 2011 with multiple dashboard features.
Google analytics service is offers two versions, Basic (it is completely free) version and Premium version (with fee).
- It tracks visitors from all referrers including Search engines, social networks, direct visits and referring sites.
- It tracks display advertising, pay-per-click networks, email marketing and digital collateral.
How to Setup Google Analytics for Blogger?
To setup Google analytics account for blogspot blog is very easy. There is two major steps.
- Step 1: Create Google Analytics account
- Step 2: Add Google Analytics Property ID
- Step 3: Add Google Analytics Tracking code in Blogger template
Step 1: Create Google Analytics Account:
- Visit Google Analytics home page
- Click on “Create an Account”
- Enter your Blog’s Address, Account name, Country and Time Zone.
- Agree with the terms and conditions by check mark in “Yes, I agree to the above terms and conditions” check box.
- Then “Create Account” button.
- In the next step find the Web “Property ID” and the Get Google Tracking Code. Copy the ID and google tracking code and store in notepad. In the same window copy the Tracking Code in note pad.
Step 2: Add Google Analytics Property ID:
- Login to Blogger account Dashboard.
- Go for Settings > Other > Google Analytics.
- Paste the Web Property ID collected from above method and paste in the “Analytics Web Property ID box” then Save Settings.
- Now the time to add Tracking code in blogger template
Step 3: How to Install Google Analytics Tracking Code:
Where to put Google analytics code in Blogger bog?
- From your Blogger dashboard, go for Blogger > Template > Edit HTML
- First Backup your Blog template before adding the tracking code.
- Now Search for </body> tag in the box by pressing “Ctrl + F”.
- Paste your Google Analytics Tracking code just above the </body> tag.
- Save the Template
- That’s it.
Adding of Google Analytics to the blog / Site is the basic concept in this tutorial. Now you have successfully finished the method of Setup and installing Google analytics ID and Google Analytics Tracking Code in your blogger blog. Then wait for 24 hours to get your blog traffic report in Google Analytics. Happy Blogging.
Are You Struggling for blog Traffic
Join our mailing list to receive the Blogging Tips, SEO Tips and latest updates from our team.